Books that contravene eBay rules

I recently had a book removed that eBay said contravened their "Hate material " policy.". Fair enough, I hadn't read the book, however, I noticed that two identical copies of this book, one in the USA, and one in Germany were and still are for sale.  This lack of fairness undermines my respect and lowers my opinion of eBay.   

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What was the book in question? You can always try listing it on another site.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

What was the book in question? You can always try listing it on another site.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

Different countries/sites, different rules/laws.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

The book was The Jewish War of Survival by Arnold Leese.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

I'm not sure why you or anyone else would want to buy/read/sell this book. 

Personally I wouldn't want to touch it in case it tainted

me.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

It's seem that it's not only the Nazis who believe in book burning?

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

I don't know that particular book, but I have bought and sold copies of books by the utterly repugnant, Holocaust-denying & now (rightly) disgraced David Irving. I did so partly because many of them fetch good money! I don't think they are banned on eBay. Anyway, though I converted to Buddhism, my family were Jewish and I feel perfectly entitled to sell them as they show what a disgusting individual Irving is.

Just looked up that book and there is, unbelievably, a copy on eBay's German site. Now that beggars belief as such material is definitely prohibited in Germany. Talk about double standards/hypocrisy/incompetence ...

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

@europaone wrote:

It's seem that it's not only the Nazis who believe in book burning?

I didn't say that.

Just my opinion as I read a lot, I mainly read for pleasure, and I educate myself with books about history and the environment.

But to read a book so obviously filled with hate and bigotry must do something to one's psyche.

Maybe such books have merit  for educational purposes but I can't imagine reading one myself. I tried my best to read Hitler's Mein Kampf but couldn't get past the hate in it, and how badly it was written.

As I said, just my opinion.

******************************************************************************************