💬 Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team- 01.03.23 @2pm

Hi everybody!

The Community Chat will open at 2pm and will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday. After that it will be closed for further questions. Of course, we will continue to take care of answering any questions that may still be unanswered—We’ll get to everything as quickly as possible. 

Please ask your questions in the thread below. In order to be able to answer your questions as quickly as possible, we ask you to have one question per post. Of course, you can make as many posts as you like in the Chat- the more the merrier!

Our eBay Community Team is made up of kat@ebay , dave@ebay  and katie@ebay . Between us, we have knowledge in Buying, Selling, ProTrader, Fulfilment, Parts & Accessories, Payments, and the Community itself. Anything we aren’t sure on we’ll know the people who will be! Please ask us any questions you may have and we’ll do all we can to support. 

To ask your question, click Reply in the lower-right corner of this post, type your question, and click Reply between 2pm and 3pm. The community team will answer each incoming question in chronological order, and will quote the original question in each answer. 

Please note that any reply without a question to the community team or discussion replies may be removed from the chat. We want to keep on track to get through as many questions as possible. We welcome all discussion to be moved to the discussion boards. 

If you missed the weekly chat time, please ask your question in the community boards and tag us or we will be back next week with another chat! 

Many thanks,

Your eBay Community Team

Available via Email for Community-related inquiries:
contactcommunity@ebay.comeBay
Message 1 of 40
See Most Recent
39 REPLIES 39

I just posted this and would appreciate your comments:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Charity-payments-have-become-a-nuisance-for-my...

I can paste it into ehre if you want.

Message 2 of 40
See Most Recent

Promotion rates changed on our business account jumping by an additional 5 to 10 percent extra

Raised issue with CS 6th February SR Number 1/459804901431 Amber promotions dept

Approx 15% (hundreds) of our inventory had system increased Promotion Rates, called CS advised yes aware of the issue and its being dealt with, unsure of time period this had been around for, advised credits will be issued

Promised call back never happened so amended all rates at our end. Seems to be working fine

Our issue,

Promotion rates are applicable for 30 days I believe, so since the original call 6th February we have had further sales and on some, not all, with incorrect promotion rates charged. Twice we have called and have not been successful in getting credits raised, you've had your credit (for original) but not from post the SR call,

I was assured (Amber) this would be dealt with and will ensure all sales with incorrect promotion rates would be credited and future sales, CS/system would check and monitor.

Not happened

When will credits be received please,

Message 3 of 40
See Most Recent

@jace_mindu wrote:

I just posted this and would appreciate your comments:

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Charity-payments-have-become-a-nuisance-for-my...

I can paste it into ehre if you want.

Hi @jace_mindu 

I'll have a look into it and reply to you on the above thread.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 4 of 40
See Most Recent

What is going on with the Sales History page? On every multi-quantity listing with sales, the number of items sold is a clickable link to the Sales History page for that listing. Overnight on Monday, this link was removed so the number is just plain text. Now CS are apparently saying that this is part of a "desktop cleanup"! This is a fairly vital feature for many sellers, both on their own listings and when researching other sellers' sales. Once again, a change has been made suddenly, with no warning and no prior consultation with sellers. Please can this be restored asap.

See multiple posts: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Link-to-sales-history-on-listings-removed/m-p/... 
https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Listing-sold-history-no-longer-viewable/m-p/7379953 
https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Selling-Tools/Sales-history-within-an-Auction-gone/m-p/7379264 

Message 5 of 40
See Most Recent

Thanks, I hope this is resolved soon  so I can continue supporting charities.

Message 6 of 40
See Most Recent

Hello,

At the moment to appeal a decision, you need to let the case close by itself.

By doing so, you get a defect until the issue is resolved (which can take a couple of days).

If you are unlucky and get evaluated for the seller level during this time, you can end up “below Standard” despite winning the case couple of days after the evaluation.

Thank you

Message 7 of 40
See Most Recent

@fatbobfan wrote:

Promotion rates changed on our business account jumping by an additional 5 to 10 percent extra

Raised issue with CS 6th February SR Number 1/459804901431 Amber promotions dept

Approx 15% (hundreds) of our inventory had system increased Promotion Rates, called CS advised yes aware of the issue and its being dealt with, unsure of time period this had been around for, advised credits will be issued

Promised call back never happened so amended all rates at our end. Seems to be working fine

Our issue,

Promotion rates are applicable for 30 days I believe, so since the original call 6th February we have had further sales and on some, not all, with incorrect promotion rates charged. Twice we have called and have not been successful in getting credits raised, you've had your credit (for original) but not from post the SR call,

I was assured (Amber) this would be dealt with and will ensure all sales with incorrect promotion rates would be credited and future sales, CS/system would check and monitor.

Not happened

When will credits be received please,

Hi @fatbobfan ,

I'm checking the details on the SR for your account. Is this to do with charity listings? Can you provide more details on what was exactly reported on the 6th and I will look into it.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support
Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.

eBay
Message 8 of 40
See Most Recent

Does anyone know what is happening with the pop-ups that some users are getting when they try to go to any listing page from sellers' shops. Instead of being taken to the listing, a pop-up containing minimal details is activated instead. It then requires another click to get to the listing itself. Even worse, some shops have an Add To Basket link within the pop-ups, trying to steer buyers to make a purchase without ever looking at the listing. The pop-up doesn't even show the inadequate desrciption summary that you get on the app let alone the proper description. The app is bad enough for encouraging users to buy without looking but this is worse. For used items particularly, it's madness. I know Dave said it was a glitch rather than a test but given other changes that have appeared this week, it seems more like deliberate tinkering to me.

The change has been applied at account level for buyers, not to specific shops so that, if you have this on your account, it happens on every shop you look at. If you don't then it won't be happening to you at all, either on your own shop or when you view others. So a seller can't tell how many of their potential buyers are affected by this. Just because you don't see it yourself doesn't mean your buyers don't.

Please can we have some explanation of what's happening here. See screenshots here: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Incorrect-links-for-shop-items/m-p/7379922#M29... 

Message 9 of 40
See Most Recent

Promotion rates changed on our business account jumping by an additional 5 to 10 percent extra was the original issue. CS didnt fix, we amened back to stop the issue.

Because of this system error - we have been charged at rthe system created rate

Credits wanted for the extra charges created when these items sold, 

Charity lisitings? You tell me, despite telling the CS agent many times we have no links to a Charity account or Charity listings they kept babbling on about it, dont know why

Message 10 of 40
See Most Recent

@eshopforce01 wrote:

Hello,

At the moment to appeal a decision, you need to let the case close by itself.

By doing so, you get a defect until the issue is resolved (which can take a couple of days).

If you are unlucky and get evaluated for the seller level during this time, you can end up “below Standard” despite winning the case couple of days after the evaluation.

Thank you

Hi @eshopforce01 ,

It's best to contact customer support to escalate the case before it closes to prevent this situation from happening.

Thank you,

Kat

I am currently away on maternity leave. Please reach out to the community team for support

eBay
Message 11 of 40
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

What is going on with the Sales History page? On every multi-quantity listing with sales, the number of items sold is a clickable link to the Sales History page for that listing. Overnight on Monday, this link was removed so the number is just plain text. Now CS are apparently saying that this is part of a "desktop cleanup"! This is a fairly vital feature for many sellers, both on their own listings and when researching other sellers' sales. Once again, a change has been made suddenly, with no warning and no prior consultation with sellers. Please can this be restored asap.

See multiple posts: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Link-to-sales-history-on-listings-removed/m-p/... 
https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Listing-sold-history-no-longer-viewable/m-p/7379953 
https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Selling-Tools/Sales-history-within-an-Auction-gone/m-p/7379264 

Hi @rainbowtrax 

The guys in CS were correct, this is part of an update on the site. 

You can still view the sales on your own listings through the Orders section in Seller Hub. You can research competitor's sold data through Terapeak, this stops support to bots crawling eBay’s website to get competitor’s sold data.

I'll pass this feedback to the Development Team to review. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 12 of 40
See Most Recent

Only a small one, but you used to be able to click on an item's sales history and see how the item was doing.

So you could plan inventory and such and could order inventory to be able to keep an item in stock and stop the hokey cokey, in stock, out of stock, in stock.

Seems some genius has got rid of it, intentionally or unintentionally during an update that probably wasn't even necessary.

This screen print shows what I mean, where is says 9 sold, you used to be able to click it and see sales history.

sales_history.jpg

The is me looking at my own item, probably can't do it with looking at other seller's items either, like you could see if an item you were looking to buy might be popular, etc and use other buyer's prowess to help you determine possible value for money etc, like following the crowd so to speak
This would also allow you to look for other selling opportunties as a seller, as you could see if something you were thinking about selling was popular on the platform before you commit to stock ans sell it.

So yeah, properly handy thing to have as a buyer or seller, so why does it not work?

Cheers
Russ

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 13 of 40
See Most Recent

Issue 2, not related to my first post

https://www.ebayads.com/2023/02/15/seller-announcement-promoted-listings-standard-fees-are-changing-...

Will my Promoted Listings Standard ad fees increase as a result of the change?
  • It is possible that you will see an increase in both your total ad fees and total items sold via Standard ads.  
  • You will only be charged the ad fee if one of your promoted items sells and that same buyer clicked on one of your Standard ads within the past 30 days.

Apologies if I am missing

• It is possible that you will see an increase in both your total ad fees and total items sold via Standard ads.  

Please advise what this means or where this increase fee information can be found

Message 14 of 40
See Most Recent

dave@ebay , thankyou for the honest reply at least. Please pass on to them that this is yet another ridiculous dumbing down of the site that makes seller's lives harder and everything more time consuming. It seems that every useful feature is gradually being removed.

Message 15 of 40
See Most Recent

Your colleague told me over the phone that i can't escalate it before it close by itself.

The only way for me to close the case is to provide a full refund, then there is no option to appeal the decision.

It's a bit confusing.

Message 16 of 40
See Most Recent

@fatbobfan wrote:

Promotion rates changed on our business account jumping by an additional 5 to 10 percent extra was the original issue. CS didnt fix, we amened back to stop the issue.

Because of this system error - we have been charged at rthe system created rate

Credits wanted for the extra charges created when these items sold, 

Charity lisitings? You tell me, despite telling the CS agent many times we have no links to a Charity account or Charity listings they kept babbling on about it, dont know why

Hi @fatbobfan ,

Sorry for the confusion regarding the charity listings, not sure why that detail is there. To look into it further the owner of the this linked account that has the issue will need to contact us.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 17 of 40
See Most Recent

I will DM

Message 18 of 40
See Most Recent

@rainbowtrax wrote:

Does anyone know what is happening with the pop-ups that some users are getting when they try to go to any listing page from sellers' shops. Instead of being taken to the listing, a pop-up containing minimal details is activated instead. It then requires another click to get to the listing itself. Even worse, some shops have an Add To Basket link within the pop-ups, trying to steer buyers to make a purchase without ever looking at the listing. The pop-up doesn't even show the inadequate desrciption summary that you get on the app let alone the proper description. The app is bad enough for encouraging users to buy without looking but this is worse. For used items particularly, it's madness. I know Dave said it was a glitch rather than a test but given other changes that have appeared this week, it seems more like deliberate tinkering to me.

The change has been applied at account level for buyers, not to specific shops so that, if you have this on your account, it happens on every shop you look at. If you don't then it won't be happening to you at all, either on your own shop or when you view others. So a seller can't tell how many of their potential buyers are affected by this. Just because you don't see it yourself doesn't mean your buyers don't.

Please can we have some explanation of what's happening here. See screenshots here: https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/Incorrect-links-for-shop-items/m-p/7379922#M29... 

Hi @rainbowtrax 

Ive reached out to the developed team for some clarification on the pop up. It looks to be part of a roll out on site. I'll reply on the original thread as soon as I have an update. 

Thanks,

Dave

eBay
Message 19 of 40
See Most Recent

@fatbobfan wrote:

Issue 2, not related to my first post

https://www.ebayads.com/2023/02/15/seller-announcement-promoted-listings-standard-fees-are-changing-...

Will my Promoted Listings Standard ad fees increase as a result of the change?
  • You will only be charged the ad fee if one of your promoted items sells and that same buyer clicked on one of your Standard ads within the past 30 days.

Apologies if I am missing

Please advise what this means or where this increase fee information can be found

Hi @fatbobfan,

I will follow up with our promoted listings team to get some clarification on this. I'll come back once I have an update.

Thank you,

Kat

eBay
Message 20 of 40
See Most Recent
About this Weekly Chat!

Welcome to the Weekly Chat with the eBay Community Team! Unless otherwise noted, chats occur every Wednesday from 2pm to 3pm.

Our Community Team will be in the Chats to help with the questions.

If you have multiple questions please open a post per question so we can get back to them individually. If it's something we can't answer right away we will get back to you after the chat has finished.