unhappy buyer

I purchased a pk of toilet rolls ,recently only half size and shorter albeit same tissue pattern ,than a regular size roll this was not stated on the advert by seller , complained contacted by messages had to press for last reply  so did feedback , with screenshots comparison ,the seller wanted me return as this was a large bulky box me being a 77yrs old pensioner,and think label is a download needs printing ,no printer no one to help ,i would have to travel also into Town ,meaning taxis to and fro at a cost,i suggested rather than the postage cost paid  by him and all the trouble ,requested some refund?he left reply at the back of my feedback ,saying for others to view my feedback to others that i had done this before , been a buyer 12yrs ,100% positive ,mb 1/2 valid complaints said i was a bad buyer, also on the last reply to me he stated that some refund wouldnt validated the small toilet rolls for my fat bum and i was a pain in the bum which i have screenshot the rude /ignorant remarks, ive tried to update my feedback remarks since with no luck doesnt show and this  was typed in a decent  worded manner sent but does not show on the previous feedback, also he never posted these nasty remarks made on his follow up to my feedback why on earth does EBay allow sellers to insult otherwise good valid buyers , i doubt i will get anywhere with this statement either . im upset enough having only lst wk had  my only Brothers funeral who had long term Alzhemiers/Dementia , which has been very stressful no im not playing on this, just wanted some satisfaction as im upset enough without nasty remarks click on the file below to see the photo shot of the item complaint what does anyone think especially EBay?

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

unhappy buyer

Thank you for your feedback first of all and your opinion , on this matter my point being the sellers rude comment , is this allowed by Ebay ! and follow up comment to my feedback ,on his profile  was demoralising me as a buyer as he said I was a bad buyer too! Can I correct you ,in saying that the toilet rolls clearly stated 80 sheets ,not so mb confused by ammount of 80 rolls I have a screenshot of the description which clearly states 200 sheets per roll! See file below , it's not about the order or returns anymore ,or refunds now it's the very Rude remarks made and trying to run me down on the back of the feedback given on the item posing me as a regular complaint  Bad buyer . When in fact I have much good feedback over more than 12yrs in fact I   didn't see why a small refund instead of all the hassle and further postal cost to seller couldn't be considered the screenshot of items proved my point.and also below is a screenshot pic of the description of them not 80 sheets ,but 200 per roll ok thanks 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

unhappy buyer

I'm very sorry but under eBay's rules the item does need to be sent back at the seller's expense if you wish a full refund.  The seller in their follow up is agreeing to a full refund.

This does involve printing off that paid for label.  Is there not a family member or friend who can help you with this?  if they don't have a printer,  most libraries have this facility.

A seller does not have to refund before reciving back their item.

@ribarnes22012 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

unhappy buyer

Ebay don't read the messages in this forum.

As you know, you could have returned the items - you bought from a seller with a 30 days return policy.  It is a shame that the seller was rude to you, but you should have simply started a return through Ebay - this means that no exchange of messages is necessary.

And, without meaning any disrespect, you did purchase 80 toilet rolls for £14.99 with free delivery.

The seller's description is not untruthful as they state 80 sheets per roll.  This is less than most supermarket toilet rolls, but it was stated on the listing.

At 77, I am sure you know that 'you get what you pay for' is generally true.

Do read the listing carefully and ask the seller questions if you are not sure.  Also, think about how you would go about returning things if they are not right for you.  If this would be difficult, maybe don't buy the item.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

unhappy buyer

Thank you for your feedback first of all and your opinion , on this matter my point being the sellers rude comment , is this allowed by Ebay ! and follow up comment to my feedback ,on his profile  was demoralising me as a buyer as he said I was a bad buyer too! Can I correct you ,in saying that the toilet rolls clearly stated 80 sheets ,not so mb confused by ammount of 80 rolls I have a screenshot of the description which clearly states 200 sheets per roll! See file below , it's not about the order or returns anymore ,or refunds now it's the very Rude remarks made and trying to run me down on the back of the feedback given on the item posing me as a regular complaint  Bad buyer . When in fact I have much good feedback over more than 12yrs in fact I   didn't see why a small refund instead of all the hassle and further postal cost to seller couldn't be considered the screenshot of items proved my point.and also below is a screenshot pic of the description of them not 80 sheets ,but 200 per roll ok thanks 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

unhappy buyer

Thank you for taking your valued time to reply to my situation , I'm more upset about the remarks and classing me as bad buyer not so! Is this allowed by a seller because I had to make a feedback complaint not about returns nor refunds any more just that, ! also the toilet roll description he says stated 80 sheets per roll is in fact stated on the description as 200 sheets per roll ? Ebay needs good buyers as well as good sellers this seller had no need be so rude and demoralising in my valid complaint anyway I have a screenshot file  of description  to view below thanks .

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: