"UK Only" location filter now includes China

I am finding that it is now  impossible to filter the loation of the products that I want to buy

I click on the "UK only" filter but then I have to go through 1000s of listings that are located  in China but claim to be in the UK.

This is making for a very bad buying experience and is putting me off even trying to find products on this site.

Am  I wasting my time complaing to the site administrator or should I just shop elsewhere?

Message 1 of 292
See Most Recent
291 REPLIES 291

Re: "UK Only" location filter now includes China

I feel the same I do not want a returen address china it often more tha the item costs to return it. 

Waste of time buying from them  things made in china are usually smaller that our sizes 

Message 281 of 292
See Most Recent

I ordered a product which appears to come from the UK; i.e. stock in the UK - obviosly made in China.
Got an unprompted standard message after 6 days --- sorry for the delay --- its been posted --- please don't report us/raise a case --- all in (good) broke English.

If the stock isn't in the UK the tell me in the Ebay advertisement ---

If it was posted in the UK then I'd have it by now ----

Ebay should require sellers to list their location,  & if the company doesn't deliver in the specified time period, then Ebay should highlight that --- 

Message 282 of 292
See Most Recent

I have been buying & selling on eBay for years & only deal with UK items. Recently I have had to send quite a few things back due to poor quality & cheaply made clothing. Look like they have been made by a 5 year old. 

I have had enough of the disappointment & am now going to try other websites.  Can't be bothered with the hassle of returning things anymore. 

Message 283 of 292
See Most Recent

I have realised the same. UK only but item shipped from China! 

Very frustrating.

Message 284 of 292
See Most Recent

I've noticed that if the delivery says 2 weeks, & 99% orders delivered on time, then I reckon the item will arrive on day 14 --- so expect them to deliver the item within the specified period but on the last day!

Message 285 of 292
See Most Recent

I have uk and USA on mine all I want is the uk items I excluded USA . If I wanted USA I'd go and buy from the other e insteadc

“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Message 286 of 292
See Most Recent

I have a similar problem trying to get the seller to honour a warranty issue...

I have tried to get Ebay involved  but no joy there...

Message 287 of 292
See Most Recent

Yep, me too. Very annoying and knowing how eBay clamp down on individual sellers I can't understand why the let Chinese sellers get away with it. The one giveaway is usually the delivery date but many buyers won't look for that. It's unfair on local sellers who are just not able to compete on price.

Message 288 of 292
See Most Recent

shop elsewhere 

Message 289 of 292
See Most Recent

I have been on eBay for over 20 years. This is my first message to anyone. 

Why does it take nearly 300 posts to achieve NOTHING?

I am angry. Filter UK only should not show foreign listings. 

Ebay Please FIX IT NOW!

Message 290 of 292
See Most Recent

Same here joined in 2014

Part of the problem is also UK based distribution centres that mask the issue.

For buyers this is mainly about being able to make purchasing decisions based on correct info. Sometimes I don't mind waiting a week and half for an item to turn up.

I have even tried asking some sellers if the item is actually in the UK, they have said yes, then there is this 9 day delay!

No one wants to hold stock anymore because it hurts profits.

Just in time ordering and supply is the modern way.

Message 291 of 292
See Most Recent

One solution i have found is to check the sellers "About" page before purchasing, Even though the listings state the products are in the UK it still shows the sellers location as China on that page.

Its an annoying extra step to take but if it saves a few weeks of delivery time, or in my recent case a 3 week wait just to be told the product is lost when i chase it up, Its probably worth the extra few minutes when searching for products.

Message 292 of 292
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: