Seller

So i ordered a ps4 game on Ebay around 30th December 2023 with it due to be delivered between January 4th-5th (Incidentally i had bought 4 other similar items from other sellers on Ebay around the same day). Anyway, i waited until 3rd of January but this seller   still hadn't posted the game (Sniper Elite 4). I messaged him asking why he hadn't posted it (in caps). He took offence and focused on the caps (like that's the issue here) and started insulting me, and saying something about it being the holidays, and then issued a refund right there and then. I did say that other items i had ordered from other sellers on Ebay around the same time had already arrived.  just behaved like a child throughout. I contined to check  other items for a few days following but there was no sign of the item i tried to buy. I left feedback descibing his responses but  had plenty to say about that too. The whole encouner reeked of dishonesty and misdirection with  focusing purely on anything else other than the actual issue.

ONLY ON EBAY !.

Message 1 of 19
See Most Recent
18 REPLIES 18

Seller

Sorry but it's against forum rules to name and shame.

Message 2 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

Yep,  there are certainly bad sellers amongst the good,  just as there are bad buyers amongst the good thankfully in both cases the good exceed the bad.

However,  as tobias has said you cannot name and shame on these boards,  and your seller's name will soon be removed when the moderators read your post.

It is bad selling,   but nobody can force a seller to send out an item, all you can do is to leave feedback which you have done,  and unfortunately here too,   you broke the rules.

If the seller knows the rules they can ask for the feedback to be removed as you mentioned a refund, and no eBay intervention can be mentioned in feedbacks.

It's case closed,   hopefully you'll come across a better seller next time.

Message 3 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

I would have cancelled the sale too if a buyer was rude, wrote in capital letters and if true, told me to get my finger out and sort my life out. The 30th Dec was a Saturday and the the 1st January was a public holiday so the earliest it could have been posted was the 2nd January although unless you paid for express postage, I doubt that they would have posted it then.

A bit of patience over the holiday period would have been nice and the seller has glowing feedback apart from the big red dot you have left.

I don't know what you are expecting to gain out of posting your complaint nearly 8 weeks after the issue. 

Message 4 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

Today I read the response to my feedback. Addressed multiple issues except the valid one. Made something out of nothing. CAPS MEAN NOTHING TO ME EXCEPT EASIER TO READ WHEN TYPING. Because i'm normal !. At least "my" feedback is true.

The seller should try convincing me instead of everyone else.

If they sold the item to someone else (reason why no longer listed in other items) then they should say that instead of a bunch of *bleep* which has nothing to do with the issue.

Message 5 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

Letter boxes are open 365 days a week !

Message 6 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

i meant letter boxes are open 365 days a year.

Message 7 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

M y feedback was something like "i asked why item hadn't been sent and seller went postal".

Message 8 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

I wasn't rude. Unless you personally think using caps actually means something.

WHICH IT DOESN'T, IN ACTUAL FACT !.

Message 9 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

@evenlegarde wrote:

I wasn't rude. Unless you personally think using caps actually means something.

WHICH IT DOESN'T, IN ACTUAL FACT !.

Using caps is the equivalent of shouting.

Message 10 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

@evenlegarde wrote:

M y feedback was something like "i asked why item hadn't been sent and seller went postal".

I'm afraid anything now is mute,  because it's too late, the feedback is at least 6 months old to correct, amend or try to remove with feedback revisions.

You may not be aware,   but as was mentioned,   if you type in Caps it is,  looked at ,  that your are shouting, and for the recipient seen as rude.

Message 11 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

@evenlegarde wrote:

i meant letter boxes are open 365 days a year.

Postboxes are not collected from 365 days a year.  

And if using a postbox, the sender gets no proof of postage.

Message 12 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

"ONLY ON EBAY !."

Thats bit unfair as you get some bad sellers everywhere.

I guess sellers vary from really bad to really good.

I bought an item last Thursday with estimated delivery on Saturday which I was pleased about.

Got an ebay message today (Sunday) of just posted !

Bad sellers give ebay a bad name and send sellers elsewhere.

Message 13 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

Been waiting for a large letter item i was supposed to get 10 days ago. Reported it as not arrived Saturday and got a Royalmail card today saying i have to pay them £5 if i want the item because the sender hasn't paid the full postage fee. I've never had these problems with professional retailers ever. This seller told me it had been sent on the 12th. So just another socially incompetent seller. There are words i'd prefer to use to describe these socially inept people and above everything else it all adds up to a waste of my time.

Message 14 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

True, you're right, my mistake. Discount Sundays, Christmas day and boxing leaves 311 days a year. Plus benlure no longer had the item listed in "other item" in the days following. So clearly sold it elsewhere.

It's all pretty basic stuff. Why not just tell like it is benlure instead of the display of social ineptitude.

And it's true, i kind of lose trust and start having doubts about buying from Ebay in the future.

They just make buying stuff into a weird and unpleasant experience.

Message 15 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

USING CAPITAL LETTERS ISN'T EXCLUSIVELY UNDERSTOOD AS SHOUTING.

ONLY THOUGHT THAT WAY BY EXTREMELY NARROW MINDED PEOPLE.

IT'S JUST A LOT EASIER TO READ. AND YOU KNOW IT !.

Message 16 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

I HAVE NO INTENTION OF CHANGING MY FEEDBACK. 

HOW THE USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS IS INTERPRETED IS SUBJECTIVE.

THOSE WHO THINK OTHERWISE CLEARLY PUT NO THOUGHT INTO IT AT ALL.

FOR A SELLER TO IMPLY MY USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS IS "AGGRESSIVE" IS QUITE SIMPLY CHILDISH.

Message 17 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

🥱🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐

Message 18 of 19
See Most Recent

Seller

YEAH YEAH !.

Message 19 of 19
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: