Remove very annoying 2 step verification process

How do I get rid of this supremely annoying thing? It's only been there a morning and I'm already sick of having to fetch my mobile phone to get the code. I am not surgically and unhealthily attached to my phone, it is not with me constantly and except for when it rings or buzzes with a text I never look at it. I don't want to have to find it to put in a random code  to access my ebay account when I've already put in a password which was working perfectly well on it's own. Why can't people leave things alone? Anyway, how do I turn it off or better still remove it? 

Message 1 of 209
See Most Recent
208 REPLIES 208

Re: Remove very annoying 2 step verification process

I agree. If users cannot keep their passwords safe that is not mmtge fault of ebay, some people are idiots and ebay and many other websites enable additional security by default, which is understandable BUT conscientious users SHOULD be given option to opt out! We are not all idiots.

Message 201 of 209
See Most Recent

I agree. If users cannot keep their passwords safe, the responsabilty rests with them, while some people are idiots andeBay and many other websites have enabled additional security by default to counter this sad fact, we conscientious users SHOULD be given option to opt out! We are not all idiots.

The idea of forcing upper/lower case-symbol-number passwords was already bad enough and again, should that should be optional. Why have all websites unanimously implemented this stupid password requirement? NOBODY waa consulted and the idiots in web design just rolled it  out in lock step, I suspect the lazy slobs all copied fron the same code repository. 

i miss simple passwords. I noticed there are sone websites that chose not to force such things, o2.co.uk is one example, which proves it isn't necessary. There is a security question for more sensitive actions ob the website and that is all.

the over-arching authoritarian technnocratic paradigm we have blindly subscribed is, evidently paranoid.

Message 202 of 209
See Most Recent

This does not work at all

Message 203 of 209
See Most Recent

it does

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 204 of 209
See Most Recent

I have now tried it 10 times and there is no option to opt out of 2 step sign in.

Message 205 of 209
See Most Recent

amazing how so many people saybit works me included 🤔

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 206 of 209
See Most Recent

I only have a page asking for a pin. I can't get into my account. The AI help is useless

Message 207 of 209
See Most Recent

Worked previously (some months ago now) yet even then it would re-enable 2FA after a few logins (without cookies being cleared).

However it now seems eBay are completely ignoring the customers choices because despite 2FA still showing as NOT SET UP in my account settings I'm still being forced to use it when logging in !!!!

Even selecting 'Trust this device' when logging in only seems to remember that choice for a few logins (again without having cleared my cookies). Of course clearing cookies isn't just for anyone with something to hide but is a vital part of good digital housekeeping & has many other benefits, as such you can expect the need to log back in to sites & to need to select trust device again after a clear out, but this in no way excuses the forced 2FA which should remain as selected in a sites settings.

I'm going to enable then disable it again to see if it still works & if so for how long, but I won't hold my breath as it's clearly obvious that eBay has zero respect for it's customers choices.

If a customer chooses not to use enhanced security such as 2FA and their account is then hacked eBay can merely refuse to assist in recovering any costs to that customer, that is something they can very easilly write into the login & security settings terms, it's then no skin off their noses is it.

It just dissapoints me that eBay is at times a useful resource, otherwise I'd let them know where to stick their lack of customer respect & sack it off.

Message 208 of 209
See Most Recent

Many thanks, solved the problem for  me as well.

Message 209 of 209
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: