Item not received claim put on hold?

I purchased an item from a seller which purportedly was going to be sent from Manchester UK, but was actually sent from China. 

I haven't received the item, it keeps doing a merry dance at the Evri depot, even being sent back to the senders depot at one point. Really?

I put an item not received claim in as I've waited nearly 3 weeks, and Ebay have now put a hold on the claim until 5th April for 'documentation' .

I contacted Evri and they said it was now up to the seller to contact them, hence my item not received claim. 

Can anyone tell me why I have to wait even longer? 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Not sure why your having the issue, but if nothing changes by the 6th, give Ebay a ring or request a callback and speak to them about it. Best time to ring is first thing, as your most likely to get Ebay Ireland who who better to deal with.

I can only go by what i read, but a not received claim should be straight forward, seller needs to provide proof of delivery and if they can't, they lose, so what documentation they want or need, i have no idea.

Let us know how it turns out 😉 

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

It seems rather strange that eBay would put the claim on hold, as they're usually quite good with regards to settling buyers' Item Not Received cases.  However, keep an eye on the progress of the case and make sure that you escalate the matter to eBay as soon as you get the opportunity to do so, as if you allow the case to time out then you will not be able to open another eBay case in relation to the same transaction.

Unless the seller is able to provide solid proof that the item has successfully been delivered to the address that you provided at Checkout then eBay would force a total refund of the money that you paid for the item.

If something goes wrong and you don't receive the item but eBay decide the case in the buyer's favour for some reason, then if you paid via PayPal log into your PayPal account and open a case against the seller there.  PayPal tend to look at cases far more closely than eBay do and they allow buyers a maximum period of one hundred and eighty days during which to open a case.  However, should you end up opening a PayPal case against the seller you would need to ensure that you escalate the case before PayPal's twenty day cut-off point.  Should PayPal decide the matter in your favour then you will get your money back.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: