Buyer changed listing

Hello, I bought an item I received today, which is not working and I doubt worked when seller listed item, but seller said item worked, also the seller listed that the item came with box but was tatty there was no outer box when item arrived, and the seller as changed the listing 

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Buyer changed listing

Anyone advise 

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

What was the item number?

The seller can't change the listing once the item has been sold.

You should be able to look at the original listing by going to your purchases.

If the seller said the item worked, and it doesn't, and/or if they said there would be a box and there isn't, you should open a return on the basis that the item is 'not as described'.

The seller will have to pay for return postage and refund you in full when they get the item back.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

Thanks for replying the listing is not the same as when I bid on the item which was the day it ended so don't know how they have changed it, item number is 176250941808 I have spoke to eBay about returning item which I have now started, but I'm more annoyed at the seller changing the listing I would not of wasted my time on purchasing this item 

Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

The figure which was sold to you was described as with sound and with a ' tatty box'.  The seller cannot change those details..

You received an item which was not working and without a box,  so you can open a case for item not as described this way:

You are guaranteed a full refund under eBay's 30 day MBG,  Money Back Guarantee policy,  if you claim within 30 days of the item's last estimated date for delivery.

You then go right of the item in your Purchase History,  and from More Actions select Return this item,  selecting the reason...  Item Not as Described.

The seller has 3 days to accept the case,  if they don't ,  you need to  escalate on day 4,  or within 30 days,  and eBay will step in and force the refund.

If the seller wants the item back first,  they need to pay for a fully tracked return postage.  On receipt of their item they have 48 hours to refund you.  Again,  if they don't,  you escalate the case.

Do not close the case early for any excuse or promise the seller may give,  and do not forget to escalate.

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

I spoke to eBay and they have sent me a return label do I return before the seller accepts the case

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

Excellent,  yes wrap it carefully post using that label,  I believe with a return label the tracking is automatcially added,  but just check your case details, you might need  to manually add them there.

Once tracking shows delivery back to the seller,  they have 48 hours to refund you,  it is timed to the second.

If this time lapses with no refund,  escalate the case,  ask eBay to step in, and they'll force the refund.

Do not close the case early on any promise or excuse the seller may make,  and do not forget to escalate.

@maddy450_0 

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

@tressygirl wrote:

Excellent,  yes wrap it carefully post using that label,  I believe with a return label the tracking is automatcially added,  but just check your case details, you might need  to manually add them there.

Once tracking shows delivery back to the seller,  they have 48 hours to refund you,  it is timed to the second.

If this time lapses with no refund,  escalate the case,  ask eBay to step in, and they'll force the refund.

Do not close the case early on any promise or excuse the seller may make,  and do not forget to escalate.

@maddy450_0 

Thank you I will give it a day to see if the seller agrees to the return I will be returning it back in the same plastic bag it was sent in some people should not be allowed to sell on eBay 

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

The seller cannot refuse a return for item not as described,  they have to accept it,  if you have received a return label already this means case accepted, and seller is waiting for the item to be sent back, eBay rules,  before they will refund you.

I do suggest placing the item in some box, doesn't have to be new, but sturdy,  a shoe box is good, pack it well so it's not damaged.  If it arrives back  to seller damaged ,  you may well receive a reduced refund.

@maddy450_0 

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

Thanks i how ever I pack it the seller Will damage it this is my concern now and I really don't know what to do 

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

Truly,  you need to send the item back as per eBay rules,  if a postage label has been sent to you,   then the seller expects the item back, before they will refund you.

I'm suggesting packing it carefully,  as there's no reason for the seller to damage the item,  as they can resell it, this time with a better desciption,  that is,  Not working and not boxed.  Received damaged,  and the refund may well not be 100%.

It looked like a fabulous figure ,  so I'm sure there'll be no trouble for the seller selling it again, and as said with a correct description.

@maddy450_0 

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

They have told me they are going to bin it so that is why I think they Will damage it as it's all corroded in the battery compartment it's supposed to sing, 

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

Please just ignore the seller and return the item as eBay instructed.

If the seller wants to bin it they could refund without getting it back.

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

Ignore the seller's pleas.  The item looks great ,  it could still be sold as a Non working figure,  no need to look inside for any corroded parts.  If described accurately the seller could still sell this item for a good price, not everything on eBay has to be sold in a working condition,  if it's described beforehand as non working.

All aside,   you just send the item back as  per eBay rules,  escalate after 48 hours if not refunded.

Listen to,  and answer to ,  No more messages from this seller,  just proceed with this case.

@maddy450_0 

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

Buyer changed listing

Thank you for your help will return tomorrow 

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent
Got buying related questions? Start here: