ZERO FEEDBACK

I've just had an offer from a zero feedback buyer who has made a fair offer on a high value item.  Got me thinking.

Of course we have the argument for - everyone has to start somewhere and its very feasible that a new buyer is coming to eBay searching for nice items, and the value isn't huge for my category - and against, that they is no history.

My first thought was is it strange that this zero feedback account, with absolutely no activity, was opened four and a half years ago? 

My second thought was would eBay take into consideration, should the worst happen - item not as described and something very different returned - would ebay simply side with the buyer or perhaps take into account the seller's 20 year history, lot of feedback, both buying and selling and only positive,  previous successful selling of similar items, and 0% defects accross the board?

Anyone else have thoughts?

Message 1 of 29
See Most Recent
28 REPLIES 28

Re: ZERO FEEDBACK

Ha! I have had 1 negative feedback in the last 6 months...it was from a zero feedback buyer. No communication regards an issue, no return request, just negative feedback. When I reached out to offer assistance. No answer. Go figure. 

Message 21 of 29
See Most Recent

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

@magpiecorner1 wrote:

My first thought was is it strange that this zero feedback account, with absolutely no activity, was opened four and a half years ago? 

You've probably sorted this out now as this thread was started 4 days ago, but that is often indicative of a hacked account. 

Message 22 of 29
See Most Recent

Actually the non-payment has just reminded me of something else.

Sometimes what I do with what looks like an 'iffy' or new buyer is counter the offer by a few pennies and point out a 'thing'. It might be a mark/flaw, or shorter than average sleeves, or  US/UK sizing, or a mismatch button. It just gives them a chance to reconsider their offer. Some buyers haven't used make an offer before so aren't quite sure how it works.

Message 23 of 29
See Most Recent

Just wanted to say my piece on this 0% feedback thing. I have just been looking at some of the items I have listed and realised I have got 0% feedback. Prior to the covid pandemic I was an active seller, but shut down through the period completely. I have sold more than 400-500 items on eBay with 100% feedback at the time of shutdown I had over 220 positive reviews. I have realised over the last 5-6 months of listing again my sales have been slow and even after selling 5-6 items I have gathered no new feedback as people dont seem to leave feedback as readily as they used to. It all makes sense to me now why i have slow sales and why it is so difficult to get new feedback. A lot of my items cost £50 to £100, would you trust me with no positive feedback ? Making the feedback system what ? good/bad not accurate ?

On top of this when I started trading again eBay held my funds for about 4 or 5 transactions, like I was a new trader. This was ok by me but the feedback thing is making me think twice about selling on this platform.

Rant over 

Message 24 of 29
See Most Recent

You don't have 0 feedback. You have 225 feedback with a 100% positive rating. The feedback may not be recent, but it definitely is there.

It might sound daft, but the thing that would put me off buying from you is the lack of a profile picture. It makes it look like you have a placeholder account.

Message 25 of 29
See Most Recent

Hi superchallenge,

If you look at my profile I have 225 feedback with 100% rating. However if you look at my sales items the story is different.ebay.PNG

Message 26 of 29
See Most Recent

As you have not sold for a while, you need to get your 'Sellers Detailed Ratings' over 10.

My Sister had this problem, so she listed low value items that would sell quickly & would get Feedback quicker.   Once her SDR's were over 10, Sales Funds were released as she had scheduled.

Message 27 of 29
See Most Recent

I joined ebay several years ago and used mostly for buying. Of late I decided to sell an electronic item.... I've had 2 with no feedback and one won the auction and cancelled, the second won and didn't pay and now I can see same thing happening with 0 feedback account outbidding others. So, my experience certainly isn't 2%!!

Message 28 of 29
See Most Recent

I can not add anything to what Tressygirl has already said in your first answer, spot on.

Except make sure you have fully insured tracking and it should be no problem. As she notes eBay are going to more likely to side with you, a trustworthy seller of long standing than someone who has been here 5 mins.

I had one like this once that did go wrong a few years ago, but on telephoning eBay they right away took my side and sorted it out.

Message 29 of 29
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: