Unfair feedback

I have one negative and 2 neutral feedbacks. The negative was left by the buyer BEFORE the item was delivered but Ebay would not remove it. The latest neutral said that the dust jacket of a book was ripped . The item condition description clearly stated that the dust jacket was damaged and the feedback was left 5 weeks after delivery of the item. FAIR OR WHAT ? The other neutral was left because item was not as decribed with which I agreed and gave a full refund !

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Unfair feedback

It's upsetting when unwarranted feedback is left and you are obviously a considerate good seller otherwise you wouldn't be bothered with a neg left over 6 months ago.

The negative is in the last ' 12 months' column so will drop off soon and could only be found by  searching after,  and scrolling through your hundreds of good feedbacks.

Did you by chance ask the ' neg' person what they meant by that feedback aside from that follow up?  It may have been left for another seller,  and mistakenly left for you,  but too late now to change anything there.

Those bad feedbacks would certainly not put me off buying from you.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Unfair feedback

@midlandrailway wrote:

The latest neutral said that the dust jacket of a book was ripped . The item condition description clearly stated that the dust jacket was damaged and the feedback was left 5 weeks after delivery of the item. FAIR OR WHAT ?

I do think that one was fair. You didn't state the jacket was ripped, only that it was "damaged". The pictures of the item didn't indicate nor highlight any damage/tear/rip in the cover. If the tear was on the spine or rear cover side of the jacket - of which no pictures were taken - it wasn't only fair but justified.

@midlandrailway wrote:

The other neutral was left because item was not as decribed with which I agreed and gave a full refund !

Usually when buyers receive an item that isn't as described they leave negative rather than neutral feedback. eBay's Money Back Guarantee means any buyer receiving an item that isn't as described is almost guaranteed to receive a full refund. If the buyer didn't open an MBG case and only left a neutral I'd actually call that a good outcome.

@midlandrailway wrote:

The negative was left by the buyer BEFORE the item was delivered but Ebay would not remove it. 

That comment looks like it may have been left in error but it's too late to even send a request to the buyer to revise it now. As mentioned, it is almost a year old so will drop off soon.

eBay are very unlikely to remove any feedback (even if it's unjustified) any more unless an eBay MBG case was decided in the seller's favour or unless the feedback contains offensive language. In fact, in the latter case they might remove the comment but leave the rating. This is due to upcoming changes in the law regarding online reviews, ratings and endorsements. 

Also, I'm not sure if you are aware but your feedback score does not include neutral feedback in the total score; it is calculated as (positives/(positives+negatives))*100. So, your feedback score is 99.8%: (544/545)*100. Once the negative drops off - and assuming you receive no more negatives - your feedback score will be 100% again.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent