Sales to eu countries via global shipping

Hi , can anyone help me please , for the last couple of years not sold to eu countries because of the charges i get soon as a sale is made , had a conversation with eBay representative yesterday who told me i shouldn't get charged at the point of sale and then eBay charges on top , so went back into my business policies and allowed buyers from the eu countries, get a sale tonight , the price was £15.73 , what the sale price i got was £13.11 and then £3.05 off in fees to leave me with £10.06 before postage costs , does anyone know why from my £15.73 price I've only got £13.11 ?  
thank you

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

If you charge vat in your listings then any sale to the EU will have Vat removed at the time of sale, collected by eBay and passed on to relevant country. 

Googling import one stop shop will explain more, but if you aren't vat registered set it to zero in listing and nothing is deducted.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Iam vat registered but as all my items are 2nd hand i pay the 7.5% on all my sales , but if they have deducted the vat 20% am i wrong in thinking that doesn't work out correctly? 

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Thats actually right the 20% has been taken off , so can i set all my listings at zero vat ? 

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

You have to declare 20 unfortunately and not the fixed rate at 7.5.

You could just put 0 but that would get you into trouble at some point probably!

It's a pain but my sales to EU are so minimal now I can absorb the hit.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: