Post office refuses to fix there mistake made with tracked item

I have had enough with my local post office and there lack of training on how to send goods tracked 

So I take 7 items to the post office that I have pre payed on royal mail 48 tracked I goes in and ask for tracking receipt so they input details into system and chucks the items into a royal mail sack then they give me the receipt 

On checking the receipt I see that they had not added any of the tracking codes I asked them why and he tells me sorry I not know how to do that so they just put the buyers postcode in only I tell them without I'm putting the tracking details the items cannot be tracked so I asked for all the items back he refuses to give them back and tells me now that there in the sack they can not be touched so now I'm having to send 7 items that are not able to be tracked 

What I don't understand is why is there people working for post office that don't know how to do there job 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Surely if you've already purchased tracked 48 via Royal Mail or eBay it should already be in the tracking system? 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

There two ways of doing it, your PO is just giving you COP's (certificate of Postings) eg postcode and house name or number from what I understand of your post. The other way if a tracked - then generally at ours we scan the barcode we have to weigh the item and pop the weight in and that should be it (unless overseas parcels). Thats the latter was the way I was taught at ours! 

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

The number will be in RMs system but if the postoffice didn`t scan then as far as Ebay and RM are concerned they haven`t been dispatched yet ?

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

@past-prices wrote:

So I take 7 items to the post office that I have pre payed on royal mail 48 tracked

Did you purchase the postage via eBay or directly from Royal Mail's website?

If you purchased via eBay the tracking will have automatically been added to each order. If you purchased via Royal Mail's website you would have been asked to enter an email address before entering your payment details; the tracking numbers will be in the order confirmations sent to that email address.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: