No sales

What is going on at eBay?

No sales, no offers no response to offers, last sale 15 hours ago and counting. I sell worldwide, all listings promoted, TRS, eBay premium service, fast and free, NO SALES. 

Everything's collapsed since mid march/early April. 
Something changed at eBay during this time that has collapsed my sales and views prior to that time I had regular sales,  and offers throughout the day and night, from all over the world.

Suddenly nobody wants to buy what they were calmouring to buy previously. 

This is nothing to do with the economy so please don't wheel out that lazy excuse. 

Message 1 of 1,558
See Most Recent
1,557 REPLIES 1,557

Re: No sales

@bittyboy101 wrote:

Just got a sale for £91 including postage... I can't believe it !... Hell  just froze over ! 😮😮😮

Thank you eBay for your help. I am now very grateful.  🙂

Congrats! Better than nothing...........😉 - Oh, those fee's 🤢🤢☠️

Same old for me but I'm not wasting anymore time on jiggling anything on eBay and I certainly won't be paying to promote on a defunct uselss AI platform...............🤢🤢💀☠️☠️👽🤡

Another eBay quirk that I've also noticed is that if you list items immediately using auction, you receive a confirmation 'Your item xxxxx has been listed' email. If you schedule listings as auctions or set items on a 30 day BIN, the items clearly aren't beling listed because there is no confirmation of listing email - these items appear in those wonderful useless scroll bars along another listing that is live........

This months wonderful eBay sales todate:

A.png

B.png

Happy to report that I'm selling personal items on Vint*d, so at least what's left of my personal decluttering is slowly going down..........😊

I'm not expecting any sales from eBay this month as 'Hell would definately freeze over' before that happened.........😂🤣🤣😈👿🤡🤡

I'll leave eBay eChay to their Chinese sellers maskerading as being in the UK along with the Chinese tat they have to offer........

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 1381 of 1,558
See Most Recent

Yes but when we did some deep digging many of these are in cannock and
Leicester and further digging exposed they are actually students being used
as an address for Chinese suppliers.
Just look at the delivery times and feedbacks.
Message 1382 of 1,558
See Most Recent

It seems the more effort you put into selling the less reward. In January I was away for ten day but by the end of the month my sales were still hitting the average. In March I was away for a week and sales were above average. This month I have been listing more and more items every day, over 10 a day, and my sales have fallen through the floor.

Message 1383 of 1,558
See Most Recent

@bits_n_bobs_heaven wrote:

@bittyboy101 wrote:

Just got a sale for £91 including postage... I can't believe it !... Hell  just froze over ! 😮😮😮

Thank you eBay for your help. I am now very grateful.  🙂

Congrats! Better than nothing...........😉 - Oh, those fee's 🤢🤢☠️

Same old for me but I'm not wasting anymore time on jiggling anything on eBay and I certainly won't be paying to promote on a defunct uselss AI platform...............🤢🤢💀☠️☠️👽🤡

Another eBay quirk that I've also noticed is that if you list items immediately using auction, you receive a confirmation 'Your item xxxxx has been listed' email. If you schedule listings as auctions or set items on a 30 day BIN, the items clearly aren't beling listed because there is no confirmation of listing email - these items appear in those wonderful useless scroll bars along another listing that is live........

This months wonderful eBay sales todate:

A.png

B.png

Happy to report that I'm selling personal items on Vint*d, so at least what's left of my personal decluttering is slowly going down..........😊

I'm not expecting any sales from eBay this month as 'Hell would definately freeze over' before that happened.........😂🤣🤣😈👿🤡🤡

I'll leave eBay eChay to their Chinese sellers maskerading as being in the UK along with the Chinese tat they have to offer........

Well done getting some sales on Vint'd 🙂

eBay is now touch & go so it pays to not put all your eggs in one basket and have your fingers in as many pies as you can !

Best of luck to you 🙂 😎

Message 1384 of 1,558
See Most Recent

Why would you be grateful for getting a single sale in this sinking
platform ?
Message 1385 of 1,558
See Most Recent

Sales of personal items for me remain at ZERO on eBay eChay this month.........100% down......🤡🤡🤡

About to send off 3 parcels of items sold on Vint*d with 100% of the monies from the sales all for me....🎉🎉

NICE! 🍹🍹🍹

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 1386 of 1,558
See Most Recent

Vinted should really open up for businesses in the UK i know they have in the US just not in the UK but fair play to you if you can sell without any fees then go for it. 

Message 1387 of 1,558
See Most Recent

@bicole wrote:
Why would you be grateful for getting a single sale in this sinking
platform ?

...because eBay finally answered my prayer lol

It's about time the people who own and run eBay treated everyone FAIRLY, not just big business powersellers getting all the visibility and regular sales whilst the poor smaller private sellers are shoved in some dark corner where no one knows they exist...  😞 

Message 1388 of 1,558
See Most Recent

I agree with you 100%, same here sales dropped about 99%.

Surely this must be hurting ebay and they need to do something quickly before we all move to other platforms.

Can anyone suggest reliable alternatives to ebay - reacting by changing providers could stimulate a more rapid review by ebay.

Message 1389 of 1,558
See Most Recent

Exactly that's why we quit. You have absolutely no exposure yet tesco or
Argos to name but 2 use their logo and the whole world knows their name and
is usually just up the road from one.
I spoke with a manager at tesco when they started on eBay and he said it
was more exposure and cheaper than TV advertising.

So say no more
Message 1390 of 1,558
See Most Recent

@watsonspad wrote:

I agree with you 100%, same here sales dropped about 99%.

Surely this must be hurting ebay and they need to do something quickly before we all move to other platforms.

Can anyone suggest reliable alternatives to ebay - reacting by changing providers could stimulate a more rapid review by ebay.

There are plenty of different online platforms. The one to avoid is FaceAche Marketplace - Scammers paradise!

Vinted is super for clothing, shoes & clothing accessories - No fee's for selling 😏😉.

There is also a 'back to school' type section that allows for school based items, pencils, pens, art & craft stuff etc - useful for any crafters wanting to reduce their personal stash or leftover stuff - again, it's free to sell with no sellers fee's.

Personally, I've not had a single problem selling personal items on Vinted. Protection for both buyer and seller and everyone seems to be a really nice bunch! 😊😋.

Still ZERO eBay sales for me since the 'FREE' to sell clothing for private sellers began, so it's very clear that something is wrong on the eBay platform, but I'm certainly not going to waste any time with work arounds and/or jiggling titles, keywords, useless items specifics etc.

Paying to promote so items may appear in the search, is an absolute NO, No! Think again eBay...........

Message 1391 of 1,558
See Most Recent

Well the scrapping of Promoted Listings Express has definitely hurt me. Now auctions can be promoted in same way as Buy it nows (pay a percentage of final sale). So now u got even more competition as auctions can just jump to the top

Message 1392 of 1,558
See Most Recent

@bits_n_bobs_heaven Vinted sounds interesting, might be a good way to offload odds and ends of things since this platform is dead to us. Reading through their blurb, it sounds like you have to send the item first, and wait for the buyer to confirm they have it before you get paid - is that right?

Cheers.

Paul

Remind me again - what are listing fees for?
Message 1393 of 1,558
See Most Recent

This may explain why I am finding so many auctions appear in search results.  I never bother with auctions because I always get outbid with 1 s to go having waited days at a time.  Another feature I have to actively filter out along with item location.  Funny how we can't setup a pre-set filter to remove all the 'innotive' features eBay has forced on buyers.  They just make the platform more difficult and tiresome to use.  People do not have the inclination to faf around like this.

Message 1394 of 1,558
See Most Recent

I don't even understand how it works. I did a test auction and sure enough the promoted listings standard is away (devastated tbh cuz for £2.99 or so u got so much traffic) and instead I can set percentage to offer ebay of  the sale. I put 20% but i found 3 days later i could change it to 1%. Seems to not lock in place so im confused as to how they even track it.

Message 1395 of 1,558
See Most Recent

@paul*tribesandvibes* wrote:

@bits_n_bobs_heaven Vinted sounds interesting, might be a good way to offload odds and ends of things since this platform is dead to us. Reading through their blurb, it sounds like you have to send the item first, and wait for the buyer to confirm they have it before you get paid - is that right?

Cheers.

Paul

Oh, I don't like that idea !... sounds like Aliexpress !

They have a similar setup where the buyer must confirm delivery before the seller gets their money released... and if the item has been delivered and the buyer does confirm receipt of the item... then the system will automatically confirm delivery after a full 90 days have passed since the order was placed.

Awful setup ! if these eBay silent non-feedback buyers are anything to go by !   

Message 1396 of 1,558
See Most Recent

the post above should have read;-

"They have a similar setup where the buyer must confirm delivery before the seller gets their money released... and if the item has been delivered and the buyer does not confirm receipt of the item... then the system will automatically confirm delivery after a full 90 days have passed since the order was placed." 

Message 1397 of 1,558
See Most Recent

@bittyboy101 is this the Vinted set up though?

Remind me again - what are listing fees for?
Message 1398 of 1,558
See Most Recent

I'm not sure ?

Never used Vinted as they seem to only sell clothing...

That's no good to me when I only sell locks.

Message 1399 of 1,558
See Most Recent

With Vinted, funds are released when buyer confirms hapy with purchase.   There is a 2 day grace period before the order is automatically completed after delivery is confirmed.  You don't pay postage as a seller, the label is sent to you so you don't need funds up front as with eBay to cover postage.  BUT, the buyer has upto 15 days to collect a parcel from a drop off point to get delivery confirmed.  It works OK, I've sold a couple of items through it.  Big sale reduction trainers from John Lewis re-sold with a 50% mark up.  Rude not to!

Message 1400 of 1,558
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: