New bugs - editing description - Copy and paste & Undo broken?

eBay have been up to their old tricks again and introducing seriously annoying bugs.

Anyone else expereincing this:

1) After copy and paste in the description box , undo no longer works

2) After copy and paste, text entry cursor magically teleports to top left of the description box 

I raise this to try and get a handle on how widespread this is and to raise MY DISSATISFACTION at the awful software quality we pay a huge amount of money for. These defects wastes my time and therefore cost me money, yet alone the errors that get introduced to my listings.

Message 1 of 15
See Most Recent
14 REPLIES 14

Same here very frustrating 😤 

Message 2 of 15
See Most Recent

Yes, I noticed this a few days ago.

Very annoying.  Especially if you copy and paste into the description, it loses the formatting and puts the cursor back at the very top.

Message 3 of 15
See Most Recent

Ah!  I thought it must be my browser playing up.

Yes, it's a really nuisance for those of us who don't rely on the artificial innaccuracy tool, and try to describe the actual item.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 4 of 15
See Most Recent

Also happening to me. Not the end of the world but another tiny thing causing small amounts of productivity loss when listing. Would be nice to have this fixed.

Message 5 of 15
See Most Recent

You may want to see the thread I posted last week which may give you some indication of what is causing your issues:

One for the Techies - UK eBay Community

This may give you a few pointers into where to investigate as it may be related.  There are also some useful contributions from @4_bathrooms  

In my case nothing has changed from when my experiences in post # 6.  

Message 6 of 15
See Most Recent

@therenewalworkshopltd   "Especially if you copy and paste into the description, it loses the formatting ......"

This is exactly the problem I was finding which started with me on the 4th April.  One of the developers has been tinkering again but don't expect any acknowledgement from eBay, or even less any quick solution.

If you copy and paste as usual but then click on the show HTML box you will find a massive amount of coding has been added (in my case around 450 lines) in a single block.  Scroll down from the top of the HTML coding until you find a line reading <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">  or its equivalent.  Highlight and delete all the coding down to, and including <!--StartFragment-->

Click off the Show HTML box and the text should now be formatted as you originally intended.  This is working every time for me; faffy but easier than re-formatting.  Good luck, as you say "Very annoying"; but just another day working on eBay.

Message 7 of 15
See Most Recent

@bravergrace   ".... a really nuisance for those of us who don't rely on the artificial innaccuracy tool, and try to describe the actual item."

Precisely, could this be a move to push everyone onto AI descriptions?

Message 8 of 15
See Most Recent

Same here, I thought it was caused by a browser update or something, or I was just imagining it was different before. Really annoying as I type a lot of text for descriptions and save in text files and paste it in while creating listings.

Message 9 of 15
See Most Recent

has hell frozen over ?

just spend the same amount of time listing as you always have done , albeit less listings made ( might be easier for you to check if AI has added things that need editing out)

Message 10 of 15
See Most Recent

@a45heaven   "might be easier for you to check if AI has added things that need editing out"

Done that - nothing added other than a massive amount of coding that has completely trashed the formatting making any text into one solid block and making it difficult to read.  If you have an extensive description this make the listing a complete 'turn-off' to any potential buyer.

Message 11 of 15
See Most Recent

It's annoying, i hope they will fix it soon.

Message 12 of 15
See Most Recent

dave@ebay Any idea when this bug is going to be fixed please? It is really hampering being able to creatle listings quickly.

Message 13 of 15
See Most Recent

dave@ebay  If it helps to point your 'tech team' in the right direction please see my post # 7

In the last couple of days I have started to see the active content warning when pasting from a document into the description box; see my original posting - https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Business-Seller-Board/One-for-the-Techies

These documents have been used for transferring descriptions up to 15 years with no issues.  When this added coding, which can be as much as 400-500 lines, is removed the warning disappears and the formatting reverts to as intended.  This leaves two possibilities for this problem.  First - eBay is creating the problem with this additional coding.  Second eBay is no longer removing coding automatically which has always been present.

Message 14 of 15
See Most Recent

This sill isnt fixed from the last time i listed somethig (last couple of days)

Message 15 of 15
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: