Negative feedback given but has disappeared

I gave negative feedback to a seller for what he/she  claimed i have not checked the parts comparrison chart !! I had done a comparrison check and the photo on the listing was what i wanted . I recieved a item that was poor quality and was not the item i ordered . They said i was in the wrong and would have to pay postage . lol.... My issue is how has my feedback dissapeared and if they have managed to get Ebay to remove it and have done this for other neg feedback how does that give a true representation of a company selling **bleep** !! how does that protect buyers or should i say how does it help a buyer to make up their mind whether to buy from them . If ebay has removed it then they should be giving the buyer the oppertunity to have it reinstated for good reason otherwise ebay are covering up bad sales practices. 

Message 1 of 282
See Most Recent
281 REPLIES 281

Re: Negative feedback given but has disappeared

Excellent, I'll sort it out when I get home to my computer tonight and send you the first.

Message 261 of 282
See Most Recent

Large sellers seem to have an agreemen and get neg removed in seconds no matter f its legit or not. TBH the feedback system is a joke when eBay tamper so much to help out certain sellers and hinder others

Message 262 of 282
See Most Recent

No it does not ! even if the buyer has lied in the feedback they will keep it there .

Message 263 of 282
See Most Recent

this is so True!! and i can prove it because it has happened to me 

Message 264 of 282
See Most Recent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aside from being cross with a bad seller, I'm very cross with eBay also for removing my second valid negative experiences of certain sellers in 3 months.  This is unacceptable interference and promotes bad practices of bad sellers. There is too much fakery of honest reviews. eBay chat was no help just apologised and said nothing much. Shocking. I may as well close my eBay account! So disgusted with treatment by eBay.

Message 265 of 282
See Most Recent

I left negative feedback today and it's not showing. It was well deserved and buyers need to know. What is going on with the feedback? It looks like they have a lot of bad feedback, but you have to go looking for it. They show 5 stars, but it's not true. I would not have made a purchase from them if I had seen the real feedback 

Message 266 of 282
See Most Recent

EBay will do what's best for them I had a very bad experience with a seller who has shop presence he has called other customers Moro*s butt with me he used much much stronger language the C word the f word etc etc I was only politely asking if he could re send the collection barcode again because it hadn't come through EBay promised to investigate but have done absulynothing I will complain to TS if they don't they will be hoping I leave it alone I have kept all the transcripts wish I could publish them somewhere you would not belive he's allowed to trade still !!!!

Message 267 of 282
See Most Recent

@blackvelvet.45 wrote:

I left negative feedback today and it's not showing. It was well deserved and buyers need to know. What is going on with the feedback? It looks like they have a lot of bad feedback, but you have to go looking for it. They show 5 stars, but it's not true. I would not have made a purchase from them if I had seen the real feedback 

What was the feedback about?

Some things that seem cut-and-dried, aren't actually the seller's fault. 

For example:  Suppose you ordered an item, opened the box and it was completely the wrong item inside.  You tell the seller, and they say "It's not my fault, I definitely sent the right item. "  That's bad for you, obviously.  And you'd leave bad feedback, because the seller won't take responsibility.

But it might not be the seller's fault -  and in some circumstances, eBay would remove the feedback. For example, if you used eBay Click and Collect, and the lady in Argos handed you the wrong parcel by mistake. 

Or if the item was sent by the eBay Global Shipping Programme, and they'd put the wrong label on the box.

Or if the item was sent to an eBay Authenticator to check it was genuine, and they checked it and then sent you the wrong one by mistake.

These are eBay schemes, and eBay does take responsibility for SOME aspects of the sale.  Unfortunately, it isn't possible to leave bad feedback for the Click and Collect Scheme or the Global Shipping Programme.

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 268 of 282
See Most Recent

I totally agree, if you are on the top subscription ebay will cover you without any sense of fairness. I buy and sell, I get it all the time when customers can basically buy your item, return a poo instead and get refunded, nothing I can do about it. Alternately I have just left negative feedback, in 18 years this is the only time I remember doing so, the seller admitted the fault, I uploaded photo evidence and stuch to the facts (the product was good but there was colour variation with no warning or batch codes. Cost me a lot in time and money, only refunded for the stuff I hadnt mixed before realising and my feedback has been removed.

Message 269 of 282
See Most Recent

Did you open a return case?

Cesario, the Count's gentleman
Message 270 of 282
See Most Recent

I have received the worst customer service from  seller who lied and was disrespectful to me (this wasn't outside of sellers' control) and eBay removed my negative review. I'm very disappointed in eBay! If they don't fix this I will stop shopping on eBay.

Message 271 of 282
See Most Recent

All complaints regarding eBay's practice of removing negative and neutral feedback that does not breach their guidelines should be put to the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA):

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/contact-the-cma

Or by e-mail:

general.enquiries@cma.gov.uk

Note that the CMA cannot deal with individual complaints, so keep your report to the general practice of feedback removal.

Message 272 of 282
See Most Recent

It is possible to get negative feedback removed if you know how.

Message 273 of 282
See Most Recent

That's not what this thread is about.

Message 274 of 282
See Most Recent

As an ebay seller all i can say finally ebay started to look after sellers who are doing their best  but there always be a *bleep* Karen that won't read the description or just think it's like argos or something where they get the item to see if they like it or not and return it if they don't.... Sorry we haven't got time for that ! 

Message 275 of 282
See Most Recent

I have been on eBay for 20 years both as seller and buyer. These days I only buy.  I would like some thoughts on this please: I have never had cause to post on here before.  Sorry for length!

I purchased some coffee from TRS, only 2 negs. One was stating 'hope for refund', the other complaining she had cancelled when she had not. Two days after paying, I got a message that there was a problem with my address and courier would not accept, and did I have alternative? I replied that it is verified Paypal address and I have never had problem with it.  Multiple messages ensued with me confirming this and me refusing to give alternative.  He wanted me to cancel order. I would not, realising he should be the one to do this as I wanted the item,  I assume he is drop shipping and item 0S. I asked who courier was as it made no sense, he said Amazon Logistics and UPS.  I have Amazon deliveries.   These messages asking me to cancel continued.  I realised he was trying to avoid consequences to retain  TSR.  I pointed out that he lived just 2.5 miles from me and he must know address was valid. I suggested he should find alternative courier.  I then reported him for asking for different address and asking me to cancel.   I decided to leave it and ignore messages and request refund via eBay when delivery due date over.  This I was about to do when I got a fourth message at final hour, before I could request refund and leave feedback, and now offering refund.  I ignored this and went through formal email channel to request refund. I received message complaining I should have accepted refund via message and not via eBay. I then left feedback.   I  see this seller as devious, trying to avoid consequences..

What is strange is that my feedback never appeared in text in his feedback but is shown in ratings. I  checked immediately because I was wondering about how these TRS's get away with it.  Not there. It showed, and still does, as a number, '1' in last month in ratings box and when I click on it it is listed below a previous one and above one further back. It is shown in my feedback.  Why is it not showing in his written feedback?  Any thoughts?  Is this sort of half and half, a compromise?   Not there if you read the text, but there if you click via the rating chart?  My feedback mentioned refund which I have read is not advisable,  but so did one of the others.   Never seen this anywhere else.... thoughts? 

Message 276 of 282
See Most Recent

Ignore, especially  last para - it's there now.    This solves my query - and I've had my gripe....  

Message 277 of 282
See Most Recent

"I replied that it is verified Paypal address" no such thing anymore ,that was dropped many years ago.

Message 278 of 282
See Most Recent

It's there in his feedback for me.

eBay shows feedback as most relevant as default settings nowadays.

Basically the feedback is jumbled up with what AI thinks is the best feedback at the top.

To see most recent feedback in its proper order you have to use the sort menu on the top right of the feedback.

Screenshot_2024-04-29-14-35-44-004.jpeg

Message 279 of 282
See Most Recent

i left negative feedback for a seller today because he sold me a fake watch, the feedback vanished very fast i also reported him selling fake watches and his many fake listings disapeared and have not come back, why would ebay not allow honest feedback against dodgy sellers with low ratings ?

Message 280 of 282
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: