Multi Buy Discount

Morning all,

Just doing some listing maintenance and struggling with the Multi Buy Discount feature.

Has is been changed? Is there an eBay update? Checked new and old listings but the Multi Buy seems to have vanished!

Thanks,

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

Multi Buy Discount

Not that Im aware of but you may have had an expiry date in that youve reached.  Ebay defualts a date years into the future but if its been the same for years for you then you may have just got to that date

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

I've also been having issues with the multi buy feature and this thread does not really answer the question. 

I can no longer see what its currently set at - I have to view the listing and work it out based on the buy 2 / 3 price.

When in active listings, it says in the promotions column that multi buy is available, but I already have multi buy set up on the listing. It used to say what it was, or click to edit then a pop up box would come up and show me what its set at. You click it now and its like you're adding it for the first time and sets the percentages quite high. This is confusing because when looking at active listings it looks as if none of them have multi buy on there, but majority of my listings do. I also wanted to go through and amend some, but its not clear what its currently set at. 

It also no longer appears when you revise the lisiting - ther eis the option to add multi buy when clicking on pricing options but it doesn't allow you to set what the discounts are. 

No one at ebay seems to have responded whether this is a bug or a stupid update that makes it more confusing and harder to use. 

If anyone knows an easier way to see what the current multi buy discount is set at please let me know!

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

I was looking for it too, there this "pricing option" drop down menu that has appeared where you can turn it on or off - but I cannot see how to change it.

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

I'm seeing the same issues as you.  The app doesn't recognise that the listing has multi-buy and there's no way to amend the percentages on the listing, or to create a new listing that includes multi-buy discounts.

Maybe, if you use the pop-up on the listings screen, this will add/change the discounts.  However, I'm not prepared to try out the theory in case I destroy the percentages that are there.

marco@ebay could you look into this as a matter of urgency please?

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

I have just replied in the other thread as this has been like this for me for a few weeks now. I posted a good few weeks ago re this issue.

I can see it in the "pricing options" and it is selected blue but there is nowhere to add your discount. Turning it off and on again does nothing so looks like it is not working.

Edited to add I don't use the app for listing, I use a Windows laptop.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

Yes that's what I have, the on-off choice but nowhere to set the percentages unless you bulk edit listings, choose a couple and then edit multibuy then you can set the percentages.  So long winded!

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

Yes I'm using the desktop website too, not the app - I always list using Windows so can't comment on any app issues with multibuy.

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

It looks like the 'edit multi buy' button is now back when viewing active listings!

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

It is not there for me. Just relisted an item and I cannot edit anywhere the multi buy.

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

What about when in 'manage active listings'? It's back in there for me, it lists what its set at then I have the option to edit it from there.  If not, maybe its a slow roll out and will be back for you soon 🤞

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

Thanks but no, I have nothing in Manage Active Listings re multi-buy. Does that mean you have to have the same discount on all your listings?

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

No on each listing row I can amend it and set it to whatever I want on that listing. On listings where I don't have multi buy, it just says eligible and then I have the option to add multi buy. I will try get a screen shot if you like? 

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

Thanks. I didn't have "promotions" as an option to view in "Manage Active Listings" so I have added it now and can now see how to amend. Bit of a long way round though and so much easier to do when you are relisting.

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

Ok glad you have it sorted 👍👍

I find it quite useful to do it in the active listings bit as its all set out in that column, then a pop up box to amend, but then i never have to relist as we keep high stocks so it just auto relists.

Maybe you can organise the items in order of how long is left, so all the ones you recently relisted are at the top so you can check them all in order and make sure none have been missed? Not sure if that made sense or not but hopefully its back working when you relist soon! 

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

Multi Buy Discount

Thanks for your help. Yes managed to do the recently relisted items and will work my way through the older ones.

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: