Incoming torrent of lates?

Just checked my dashboard and spotted I've been marked down for one item delivered late. This was a 1st class untracked large letter item posted on the 16th which wasn't delivered until the 27th.

One thing I'm unclear on, I thought as long as tracking showed we despatched in time (which this does) then it wasn't considered our 'fault' if the delivery was late?

Due to how terrible RM have been of late I'm now expecting a deluge of such late marks as I wouldn't be surprised if there are still items only just arriving now.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Was it a buyer marked as late delivery, or did you purchase postage through eBay?

This was a real issue for me late November. 

Jo

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

In the past, I have had late delivery defects removed by proving Royal Mail Click & Collect report, but eBay are now refusing to remove.    I've also got two neutral feedback due to late delivery, but they won't be removed either

if you sell letters / large letters, there is no choice but Royal Mail, so unless you completely change your stock, there is nothing you can do.  

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Postage purchased via eBay. Annoying thing is the page still has the inconsistency between despatched and delivered on time which always works in eBay's favour. In the case of this order I actually despatched 3 days earlier than estimated as I wanted to give pre-Christmas orders the best chance of arriving on time that I could.

As for changing stock, it's not really an option when you design and manufacture your own products to fill a niche in a particular market. Options are either carry on as is, or close the business. eBay don't seem to appreciate that not everyone one here shifts boxes.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent