ITR case buyer claims to have not received the item, tracking shows it delivered

We've just received an Item not received case.  Delivery address in Austria, item cost around 200 Eur. Tracking shows the item delivered but signed by a different person. Buyer claims he has never heard of such name, there are no neighbours with such name aswell. Both the buyer and the person who the package was delivered to are foreign. Courier claims the parcel was delivered to the correct address.  It does not sound right as it makes it very easy to open ITR cases each time wife kids or anybode else at home accepts a package and signs with their own name. 
I took my time at the evening just out of curiosity and took my chances in google. Not very surprising i found social network accounts with both names and they seem to be married.  So it's pretty clear to me buyer simply wants a free item. I did of course pointed out in the case that tracking shows the item delivered but what are the chances for the case to be solved in our favour? Ebay CS definitely will not be digging things. 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

ITR case buyer claims to have not received the item, tracking shows it delivered

Does the tracking also show GPS data for the delivery address too?

If you get parcels delivered and scanned by Royal Mail, DPD and many other couriers, they also log the GPS location when delivering parcels now.

So that can help show the parcel was delivered at the right address.

They often also take a photo of the delivery, so a quick Google street view to look at the property can also highlight an issue or prove it was the right address too.

eBay often side wth the seller if the buyer claims they never received it themselves as they were not at the property when the item was delivered, as they take the view that it is the buyer's fault for not being there when the delivery was made, rather than the seller's fault.

Dig around and see if you can find the GPS info or delivery photo as that will help.

What is an ITR case though?

Do you mean INR?

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

It was indeed DPD in this case, we've already asked for the GPS coordinates aswell as they are usually able to provide them. 
We should fight the case then as we try not to fight cases if we're not 100% sure we'll be able to win them. So far we've been happy with Ebay as we did have multiple times we had to appeal things after Ebay's automatic decisions and customer support was helpful in all cases. 
The most annoying thing is not losing the money itself but the fact that people do successfully scam sellers and if they do they will surely continue doing so i'm more than happy to spend my time calling couriers, CS etc. lol

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

You will win your case 100% as item is marked as delivered and I get these all the time.

I would reply to the buyer re-iterate the facts (GPS & Tracking) and then I add

"In situations like this, eBay recommends that buyers contact them directly so they can assess the situation and explore options for a refund under Buyer Protection. eBay has a dedicated team to handle these cases, and they can investigate the issue further with DPD, including whether you have made any previous claims or requested a safe space option and it wasnt followed.   You can contact eBay directly through this link https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid They'll be happy to discuss your situation and guide you through"

I very rarely hear from them again - I had one yesterday said delivered 13th (I looked on the yodel app and input the tracking only to see it was in the recycle bin but after 3wks it would have long gone but for all I know they could have made the bin their designated safe place to leave the parcel then ooops 3 wks later its no longer there and blame the courier for being irrisponsible.  Your buyer could have purposely signed a different name on purpose with intentions of claiming not them -Im getting cynical in my old age) but just responded with the above - They tried to leave a negative as its under the INR case but its been blocked by Ebay as tracking received.  BTW Ebay will refund the buyer out of their own funds if the buyer puts forward a case to prove they didnt get the item but it doesnt effect you 

Now some will come on and say they can go to their card issuer to open a claim, with tracking marked delivered you can also put forward all the proof (including social media info you have gathered proving the relationship) and take it from there and very likely win that too.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: