Ebay, the good & the bad, warning, some nostalgia

What for you are the best & worst features of selling & buying on Ebay ?

THE GOOD
- buyers secure they're not going to be ripped off (generally). I was, a couple of times, back in the "Wild West" days.
- it provides access to all kinds of weird **** (yet legal) that others don't seem to.
- when you get good at it, you can still clinch some stonking deals. But occasionally I feel bad for the "innocent"/newbie sellers, as if I'm almost predatory
- as a seller, its national & all-niches "reach" means that the obscure mix of features in your products might not appeal to local people but Ebay will often find that one-in-a-million fruitcake who's fixated on what you have in.
- it makes it easier to monitor your sales date & trends than it used to.

THE BAD
- as a seller, you have to "suck it up" with all the stupid half-[redacted!] unreasonable requests from "grown-up kids" & not lose your rag.
- the lies from customers to avoid paying return costs.
- Ebay's lies & distortion in the service it provides both sellers & especially buyers.
- Ebay's constant ill-informed tinkering without regard to Ebayers' needs.

WHAT DO YOU MISS ABOUT THE "WILD-WEST" DAYS OF EBAY
- the feeling that it really was about just you, and your trading-partner. Not nanny-Ebay. You were "master of your destiny". It truly was for grown-ups.
- the incredible job-lot deals back in the day, esp. pickup only.
- keeping a lot more of your ££££. Less gouging by Ebay.

Sorry for posting it here but none of the other forums have the same mix of Ebayers & posting volumes

Message 1 of 1
See Most Recent
0 REPLIES 0