Cannot get UK Vat to work.

Hi,

I'm hitting my head against the wall a bit here.  I'm a UK VAT Registered business and my VAT number has been setup and is showing on the listings in ebay.

If I list an item with VAT in the price I cannot see the VAT on the checkout.

If I list an item with VAT Optional (0% or 20%) in the price I cannot see the VAT on checkout.

When orders are processed the buyer cannot see the VAT on the order.

Also, VAT is not getting passed to the Wix integration.  This is really horrible because it makes my VAT accounting terrible.  I then have to raise manual invoices into the finance system.

Is anyone else out there a VAT Registered company with VAT working in eBay.  Is there a setting I'm missing.

Also how do I get help from eBay, I can't find anything other than inaccurate help articles.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Cannot get UK Vat to work.

You're not posting from the affected account so I can't see if your VAT number is registered correctly with eBay or not. Your VAT number should show on this page and in your eBay profile and be shown on all your listings in the "Busiuness seller information" section.

When listing you need to enter the price including VAT in the "Price" box. In the "VAT (optional)" box you need to enter the applicable VAT rate (i.e. 20%).

Note eBay treats all buyers as consumers when showing seller's prices; there is no VAT breakdown just a small note in the "Postage, returns and payments" tab that states "Price displayed includes VAT". When a buyer purchases you can generate a VAT invoice by using the "Print invoices and more" option found in the drop-down menu next to the sale. However...this only works if the item is being delivered - if the buyer has chosen to collect in person this option will not generate a valid VAT invoice.      

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent