Buyer says they have not received item - tracking shows delivered

I have received a message from a buyer saying the parcel I sent them is marked as delivered on Ebay but they have not received it. I tracked the parcel on the Royal Mail website and it has been delivered. The buyer says they were out all day and no note was left by Royal Mail and no sign of the parcel. They have checked with their neighbours and the parcel was not delivered there.

They believe the parcel could have been stolen by the postman as one of their neighbours told them the same thing had happened to 2 of their parcels recently. They said the signature for the parcel was just a scribble. To me, it looks like the postman probably signed it themselves, but I have had postmen do this during the Coronavirus situation when they leave a parcel in your porch and they are still doing it now, it does not mean they are stealing them.

The buyer is asking me to look into the situation but I am not sure what else I can do from this end. They say "the complaints must come from the sender" but I thought it would be up to them to contact the Post Office from their end and maybe even the police if they think it has been stolen. I had uploaded the tracking number and it show as delivered so I doubt I myself could claim anything from the Post Office.

Any advice on how to proceed with this would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 64
See Most Recent
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Buyer says they have not received item - tracking shows delivered

Thanks for these tips. Really handy. Im currently having the same experience - buyer saying they've not received the item yet Royal Mail tracking showing Delivered. The buyer doesn't have any history of duplicity so I trust him. The annoying thing is Im selling old CDs and vinyl and the 2 items Ive sold which have gone for decent money - neither have reached the buyer. Never happens with a cheap £5 CD. 
Oh well. Thanks again for the post above. Given me pleasure of options 

cheers

nigel 

Message 61 of 64
See Most Recent

PLENTY of options, even 🤣

Message 62 of 64
See Most Recent

It wouldn't be so bad if ebay didn't come down so hard on the seller. Ive had my account frozen because a buyer has said hes not received what I sent and I've only been selling for 10 days !!! 
Up until 2019 I sold a lot of stuff but it got to the stage where I was losing over £100 a month from people saying they had not received the item, even if it showed as Delivered on the Royal Mail website. I stopped selling because of that. 
Im now in a position where I need to make some space and have a ton of reasonably valuable stuff to sell. Told myself that maybe I would be ok with the buying/selling thing this time, yet within the first week Ive had 2 of these already. And surprise, surprise both items are the most expensive items Ive so far sold. It does make you think. 
Anyway, looks like Im going to be out of pocket by £200 this time 😞 

Message 63 of 64
See Most Recent

ebay seller protection is not worth the paper it is printed on, Ive just been screwed good and proper buy ebay!

Hell will freeze over before I will ever sell again on ebay!!!

Message 64 of 64
See Most Recent
Got business selling related questions? Start here: