Find No 7 for the year..........

I picked this one up in a local Charity shop in Gt. Harwood yesterday for £1.50.

Hard backed first edition from 1995 titled "Cleared for take off" signed by Author Dirk Bogarde.

Sir Derek Jules Gaspard Ulric Niven van den Bogaerde, known as Dirk Bogarde (28 March 1921 – 8 May 1999) was an English actor and writer. Initially a matinée idol in films such as Doctor in the House (1954) for the Rank Organisation, he later acted in art-house films. In a second career, he wrote seven best-selling volumes of memoirs, six novels and a volume of collected journalism, mainly from articles in The Daily Telegraph.

Bogarde came to prominence in films including The Blue Lamp in 1950, before starring in the successful Doctor film series (1954–63). He twice won the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role; for The Servant (1963) and Darling (1965). His other film roles included Victim (1961), Accident (1967), The Damned (1969), Death in Venice (1971), The Night Porter (1974), A Bridge Too Far (1977) and Despair (1978). He was appointed a Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters in 1990 and a Knight Bachelor in 1992.

Well pleased with this one.

P1130084.JPG

P1130085.JPG

P1130086.JPG

"He who Dares" in this game.
Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

This is find No 8 for the year not No 7, That was David Davis last week.

"He who Dares" in this game.
Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

great find Alex, like this one 🙂

Message 3 of 9
See Most Recent

Brilliant book to pick up Alex.

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

That is superb what a find
IF SOME THING IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT
USUALLY IS
Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

Brilliant find, Alex.

I'm very jealous. All I found last week was a very battered signed Andy McNab book. Left it on the shelf.

Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

Nice find that Alex. He was a great actor.

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

a cracker find alexSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

That is a fantastic find Alex well done to you .

Hail Hail
Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent