Is there anybody still here from the "Good Old Days" of the Nag's Head...

mad-insomniac

... before the trolls and eBay killed it?

I used to have friends there.

It seems this forum has moved on since with most everyone possibly assuming new posting ID's?

Message 1 of 76
See Most Recent
75 REPLIES 75

Several horns made serviceable

SHMS

Message 41 of 76
See Most Recent

Takes rollerskates off large luxury fence ..TROLLF 

Selling Hippy Mens Shoes..SHMS

What a mad way to come up with an id mr dandy lol..I take it your in a welsh parish somewhere in the snowy southern regions then 🙂

Message 42 of 76
See Most Recent

Joan's orange anorak's monstrously underrated, get old socks or fail

Nice to have a same-day conversation on here 🙂

No snow yet though I've not looked out the window for a bit. 

Am in the heart of the ancient woodlands of Wales indeed 🙂

Message 43 of 76
See Most Recent

Its nice to have a conversation on ebay forums full stop 🙂  certainly makes a change from  the usual 'I'm in charge brigade' found haunting the darkest depths of what used to be a chat furom 

Message 44 of 76
See Most Recent

dont suppose you make chess boards do you ?  knotted and gnarled type with some twisted victorian iron thrown in 🙂

Message 45 of 76
See Most Recent

Super Hard Mineral Supplies

or not...

Trendy Rickshaws Offer Leisurely Fun Factor....

January Or April Means Underwear Required...

no chess boards in this village btw...

sig' impounded at gare du nord
Message 46 of 76
See Most Recent

singing heartily means shouting

Tollgate road over lake loots forigners

Juniper oranges are mainly unde...rated

hi shms 🙂

Message 47 of 76
See Most Recent

Saturday Had Mini Serviced...

Tried Reversing Obliquey Leaving Large Forest...

Jodie Occasionally Admitted Making Unusual Requests.....

hi..Man Happy

Message 48 of 76
See Most Recent

Super hydrogen molecule science 

Twice round  only left leap frog

Jump on and make umbrella ready

Message 49 of 76
See Most Recent

Hmmmmm well no I don't Joam, but if I'm honest this state of affairs is entirely owing to me not getting my finger out. I've got all the kit, fretsaws, routers, planes etc. & no reason I couldn't make what you're talking about, except to say the Victorian iron might have to be late Elizabethan barbed wire. I've no idea what they'd have to cost. In theory its just planing up some identical square sticks in contrasting woods and gluing them to a board with an edge around it, whack it with a chainsaw chain a few times, plane it, oil it,  Bob's your dad's brother. In reality you just never know. I still own a lovely 107 y/o Singer sewing machine without its little silver plate things that cover(ed) the shuttleway. It was simply a case of gently offering them up to the industrial buffing wheel to get the rust off. How was I to know that being 8" & shifting at 2850rpm, the wheel would tear it out of my hand, fling it through the hitherto closed window and land it in the stream from whence it could never be retrieved? Its political correctness gone mad! And to think that seconds later, all I did was exactly the same thing with the other one, and it happened again! At thay stage, I thought I could just do it that way and get them out of the stream later. Poor Emily (the sewing machine)!

Message 50 of 76
See Most Recent

Sausage-Handling Meat Service

did I say? 

Message 51 of 76
See Most Recent

@danlyncand wrote:

Hmmmmm well no I don't Joam, but if I'm honest this state of affairs is entirely owing to me not getting my finger out. I've got all the kit, fretsaws, routers, planes etc. & no reason I couldn't make what you're talking about, except to say the Victorian iron might have to be late Elizabethan barbed wire. I've no idea what they'd have to cost. In theory its just planing up some identical square sticks in contrasting woods and gluing them to a board with an edge around it, whack it with a chainsaw chain a few times, plane it, oil it,  Bob's your dad's brother. In reality you just never know. I still own a lovely 107 y/o Singer sewing machine without its little silver plate things that cover(ed) the shuttleway. It was simply a case of gently offering them up to the industrial buffing wheel to get the rust off. How was I to know that being 8" & shifting at 2850rpm, the wheel would tear it out of my hand, fling it through the hitherto closed window and land it in the stream from whence it could never be retrieved? Its political correctness gone mad! And to think that seconds later, all I did was exactly the same thing with the other one, and it happened again! At thay stage, I thought I could just do it that way and get them out of the stream later. Poor Emily (the sewing machine)!

Well up to you if you feel like a trip down gothic chess board lane at 22'' by 22 '' with that very nice idea of edwardian barb :).....annnnnd as for the rest ...  that was best giggle read I have had in ages ...many thanks 🙂 ..I have a spare snorkel and some flippers if needed .

Message 52 of 76
See Most Recent

..I have a spare snorkel and some flippers if needed .

what you get up to behind the bedroom door is of no concern here........

*sniggers*

Man Tongue

Message 53 of 76
See Most Recent

hmmm I am looking into it joam 🙂 I've just finished a ceremonial staff thing with a crystal that revolves in a hole (subject to someone revolving it, of course, one doesn't channel that much energy. Yet.) Phase 1 = a preliminary stroll down finding out the size of the squares cuttings. Barbed wire has already presented itself. Time was when by now I'd have keenly banged out 20 by now, but the quality sucked tbh. So, instead of trying to keep up with the 5-minute hand-made gothic chessboard insustry, which we are reliably informed doesn't in any sense depend upon any kind of naughties, I just rattle along until I've got something nice. That said, I don't anticipate any problems. Cutting a slice diagonally out of the centre of a knot of barbed wire? What could possibly go wrong!

Message 54 of 76
See Most Recent

20 inch square ,1 inch deep ..sounds lovely 🙂  And dont forget your goggles n hat....

In fact you could go mad if so inclined and murder a 22 inch .with 2 / 2 .5 inch playing squares...crazy barbed boarder , hatched cleaved of course like a mad sociopath has broke in, hates your work and bobs your uncles cousin.

What type of trees strew asunder in glen fflywardyfecenhell valley ? 😄

Message 55 of 76
See Most Recent

Shms has married Sky ?  shms

Tarot readers often like large fez  . trollf

Message 56 of 76
See Most Recent

YHHA,QAWAAFAIA

Yes he has actually, quite a while ago as far as I'm aware!

One and the same though one has moved on from the deck that cheers

Can any mediums bring old relatives normally, eh?  - camborne

😉 😉

Message 57 of 76
See Most Recent

Shared house makes sense SHMS 

Twelve reindeer on largest lunar Friday..TROLLF

Message 58 of 76
See Most Recent

Shed helps maintain senses SHMS

Bad emus come creeping always BECCA

Message 59 of 76
See Most Recent

SO (Anne Robinson voice)

When we speak of a 22" chess board, do we like 2" squares and massive edges or 2 3/4" squares dowelled together with a bit of veneer round the edge, or somew3here in between?

Message 60 of 76
See Most Recent