ebay should remove all scalpers of PS5 and Xbox Series consoles.

Noticed a lot of PS5 and Xbox Series console listings from scalpers which is completely disgraceful. Surely ebay should be doing something about this? It can be classed as ripping off users who wanted to buy the consoles but the scalpers have blantently taken advantage of it being so close to Christmas and clearly abusing this to gain insane profits by selling nearly twice the price.

Also noticed when searching for "PS5" the numerous scam letters on ebay which clearly violate the policies so should be removed.

Rant over!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

And how do you think ebay can do the impossible? Who decides what gets removed? Sellers can, if they do really have something for sale, ask whatever price they wish.

If buyers are foolish enough to pay who is to stop them? No one forces them to buy!!

If no one bought the profiteering would instantly end.

When you come across listings which break the rules, use the 'Report' button. There's one on every listing. No point in posting about it here, as we can't do anything about it.

Also, this is the Answer Centre, for those who have questions that require urgent answers. To discuss issues or to rant, you should use the Discussion forums.

@blandyuk 

Not an answer. But it's disgraceful that eBay allow this to happen... But end of the day, what do they care. There getting a nice sellers fee anyway.

I had to message one seller earlier, and ask if they had any morals. £999 and then £26 for shipping.

To top it off for some reason they had a local newspaper in the photo for some reason, maybe to show the date... However the front page story was about people having to use food banks in the local area. What an utter cretin.

The mind boggles really.

Block all sellers that sell over 1 console,I see pictures of a stack of Xbox series x about 10 then charging £700-800 per Xbox and a PS5 selling for £1,250 disgusting,scalpers say it's to put meals on tables and buy kids Xmas presents I don't care about their kids go out and get a proper job to put meals on tables, I want a Xbox series x as I'm a normal customer but I can't because scalpers are using SNKR bots to scalp up all retailers stock a computer programme that buys stock in 28 seconds and checkout in 10 seconds quicker then me who buys in the normal way I hope scalpers get banned from here and stock x and loose all profit so everyone don't buy from scalpers and they will loose profit cos no one wants to buy them,I see a US PS5 go for $9,000 just for the box alone on US eBay check it out good luck everyone in getting your consoles don't buy from here.

What about closing the accounts of idiots who are daft enough to fall for it..If buyers don't buy then sellers don't sell.

Ask a question