What's the idea?

What's behind the idea of that Everest Windows advert where that bloke dressed as a Viking goes around annoying his mate "Chris" by blowing his horn?

I don't see how that has any connection with windows?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 12
See Most Recent
11 REPLIES 11

What's the idea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WfWoq6rhm4

It's supposed to demonstrate that Everest windows are soundproofed.

It actually proves the opposite though.

"Hoisted", and "Petard", spring readily to mind. Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 12
See Most Recent

What's the idea?

Oh, is that it then? Well that's daft because if they were so good at soundproofing, how does "Chris" hear him blowing his horn?

In another ad, "Chris" says "Just use the doorbell" so there again, how did he hear the horn if the windows and doors are so good at soundproofing?

In another advert, they're sitting together on the settee and he blows that horn so what's that got to do with soundproofing?

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 12
See Most Recent

What's the idea?

You've remembered the company, you've remembered the product - everything else is irrelevant 🙂

Message 4 of 12
See Most Recent

What's the idea?

Exactly....

As I said slightly differently earlier, "Shoot themselves" and "In the foot" spring to mind.

Mind you it did get you talking about it, and therefore me, and you giving them free advertisement time on this Forum.

As the saying goes, "There's no such thing as bad publicity".

Personally, I think there is, but mine is just one of many opinions.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 12
See Most Recent

What's the idea?

Ah, but what good has it done them? Would it persuade me to buy their product? NO.

If they're stupid enough to agree to such a stupid advert, they might be stupid enough to make an inferior product?

Live long and prosper.

Message 6 of 12
See Most Recent

What's the idea?

https://www.google.es/search?q=What%27s+behind+the+idea+of+that+Everest+Windows+advert&oq=What%27s+b...
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 7 of 12
See Most Recent

What's the idea?

It seems to me you are agreeing with everything I say, but with embellishments.

For once we are in complete harmony.

Message 8 of 12
See Most Recent

What's the idea?

I agree with everything I agree with wave2grin

Live long and prosper.

Message 9 of 12
See Most Recent

What's the idea?

Everest has struggled since Ted Moult topped himself, Apart from that I agree with your sentiments.

Message 10 of 12
See Most Recent

What's the idea?

cee-dee wrote: 

If they're stupid enough to agree to such a stupid advert, they might be stupid enough to make an inferior product?

Everest have been in the business of double glazing for fifty years, and are one of the leading exponents in this field - if not the foremost - I can't really see them churning out an inferior product.

Message 11 of 12
See Most Recent

What's the idea?

I know they've been at it for yonks but they've lost their marbles with those adverts. You know what they say about familiarity..........

Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 12
See Most Recent