Threats of annihilation?

I don't suppose I'll get much response due to the depletion of posters will to actually post theese days but here goes anyway:-

In the news are threats by Putin/Russia of annihilation by various "super weapons" but has no-one pointed out that if such weapons were deployed, all Russian cities and centres of "military interest" would disappear as the West retalliated?

Do you think deployment of "weapons of mass destruction" by Putin/Russia would be like the cowardly people who kill others before killing themselves in a sort of "If I can't have..... no-one can"?

Just been thinking, that's all, what do YOU think?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

Threats of annihilation?

Is not going to end well Cee Dee, that's for sure.

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

Threats of annihilation?

The thing is, in all the rhetoric aimed back at Putin/Russia, like I said above, why has no-one pointed out that all Russian centres of population would disappear as the West retalliates? Is it OK for the Russians to continue to think they could destroy some Western civilisations without suffering the same (or worse) fate? What's the point of a few of the crème de la crème surviving in their bunkers if there's none of the masses left to do any actual work?

On a lighter note..... is this what you think might happen Ruby?:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADtnUC_ctNk&ab_channel=ABKCOVEVO

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Threats of annihilation?

Putin is exactly like the character you describe, Cee Dee. He is a psychopath and you can't predict what a psychopath will do. He seems to act in accordance to his whims, so if he feels like pressing that button he will press it. I just hope I'm in the centre of the firing line if and when it happens, I sure don't fancy living in  this world afterwards.

******************************************************************************************
Powered by cats Cat Happy
Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

Threats of annihilation?

Is known in Military Circles Cee Dee as MUTUALLY ASSURED DESTRUCTION - MAD

In layman's terms, know one wins.

Thanks for the link, not clicked on it yet. The 60's were very happy times.

Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Threats of annihilation?

Who Fires First Wins

Petal
Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Threats of annihilation?

That's not so Petal. As soon as any missiles begin to fly, before they land, there will be an immediate response with missiles heading towards "who fired first". Whoever fired first will then be the recipients of equal measure so what's the point?

It would be "fine" if those who were aimed at first had nothing of equal measure but they have and would use it if attacked first and as I said in my OP, most of Russian centres of population would be gone if they were daft enough to fire first.

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

Threats of annihilation?

That's very true Cee Dee.  If Russia made the first Strike virtually before the Missiles hit, the NATO retaliation would be on it's way. End of.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Threats of annihilation?

No Petal if Russia let off their missiles they would all be totally annihilated by NATO within seconds.

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Threats of annihilation?

Was the song appropriate for you in the circumstances of a nuclear strike?

Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

Threats of annihilation?

C D You Said They Had Supper Weapons Which Could Be Bigger And Better

I Think Putins  Pulling Back In Some Places The Draw Them In Just Like WW2

Petal
Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Threats of annihilation?

It's a very common state of mind by a dying psychopath to take down everyone with them because they are the so called victim of what they believe to be an unfair quality of life, due to their decline in both physical & mental health, which they deem to be the fault / cause of the rest of society.

In other words, they think the world owes them something. However, in numerous cases, what they think is owed to them in their deluded world, is very often at complete opposite poles of the spectrum from reality!

This is when the psychopaths 'game of life' becomes dangerous! When they are holding the gun to the final act of life, they will either, shoot as many as they can to go with them, or simply turn it on themselves.

So far, Putin's tried the shooting everyone else down, albeit on a smaller scale than hitting the red button, but no less tragic, which hasn't really got him very far. So we can only hope that the second end of life game becomes more appealing and that he will totally convince & delude himself that he will be imfamous throughout history, if he were to turn the gun on himself! - Hence, the final & perfect VICTIM ending complete with perfect funeral music: Highway to Hell – ACDC

I've decided after reading back all of the above, I really do need to get out more! 😂😂🤣

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Threats of annihilation?

It would only take a hundred detonations to create a nuclear winter, there would be no survivors.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent