Some advie please re : Scottish Power

Morning all,

Can anyone advise me where I can take my complaint about Scottish Power other than their own complaints department.

Back in July my OH and I finally downsized from a 3 bedroomed house and moved into a one bedroomed bungalow due to my OH's disabilities. We chose to change the existing gas and electric pay as you go supplier to Scottish Power who we were with in our house so we could continue with dual fuel on direct debit payments.

Call after call, promise after promise and numerous complaints we are still waiting for the service we have have requested. I an getting concerned because we are obviously using gas and electric and our accounts are in debit. We had a considerable amount of credit on the house accounts so I want that transferred. I am now getting annoyed and frustrated with the whole situation cos I had hoped it would all be sorted before his winter set in.

Where can I go from here, I don't feel I can even go to another supplier because things are in such a mess. What would you do.

Many thanks.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

This would be my first port of call. Their phone lines are manned 9am -5pm Mon - Fri or you can email them anytime.

http://www.ombudsman-services.org/energy.html

Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=scottish+power+complaints

sorry Busty i think you have to go to their complaints dept let them know about OH and they should pull their respective fingers out

Petal
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

Thanks Jd will try that xc

Petal, have done that already and we are still being messed about. While typing this thismorming I was sitting here waiting for a promised call and.......nothing.......again. Aaaaarrrggggggg!!!!!!!!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

PhotobucketI Feel Your Pain.

Petal
Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

Good luck with Scottish Power, it took them a year to actually send me a bill when I moved.

You might find this helpful if all else fails.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/information-consumers/domestic-consumers/making-enquiry-or-complaint

Good luck with customer services anywhere grrr.

photo 1391690_10154084301590058_4080337148427474315_n_zpschppoof6.jpg
Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

After you get it sorted, I'd change companies if I were you........see link.

http://www.which.co.uk/energy/saving-money/reviews-ns/energy-companies-reviewed/best-and-worst-energ...

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

Do they have a Facebook page? Some derisory comments on there might help, as they hate bad publicity. Or maybe a call to the local newspaper? The ombudsman will just tell you to write to them with your complaint, and then you wait...and wait...and wait. Then the ombudsman will side with the company.

Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

The ombudsman has no teeth, in any event. They can say a company is wrong, but cannot enforce anything

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

The Ombudsman was helpful when i had a battle with  car dealer, won the case with their help, but it did take a long time, nearly a year.

No good if you need help quickly.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

I have only had dealings with the ombudsman service on one occasion. It was over a ridiculous catchment area ruling when my daughter started secondary school. She was told she would have to go to a poorly rated inner city school which was four miles away when there was a much better rated school virtually on our doorstep. They made a very timely intervention in our favour which saved us a lot of hassle. The matter was settled within a few weeks.

Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

@******lynda****** wrote:

The ombudsman has no teeth, in any event. They can say a company is wrong, but cannot enforce anything

my Dad got £150.00 back from npower from obmudsman unfortunately moved to first utility who just cant cope with him having two electric meters. Still cant get bills right even though we phone them in 27th every month.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent