Royal Mail are going to damage everyones DSR ratings without a doubt

flower-buds

Hi all, my god isn't it cold!!

I am really concerned about the new postage charges than R.M have put into place because it sure is going to damage everyone who sells on ebay their DSR ratings.

I visited the post office on the 1st to post 3 items all in small boxes and were each all as light as a feather (I am not kidding these were very light) and I asked for 1st class only and I nearly fell over when the woman asked for £17!!!!!

I had no choice but to rush home and amend my active listings so the postage meets the new prices, but personally I feel it doesn't really look good and its off putting for potential buyers.

Also today I received a parcel that was posted on the 3rd (yesterday) it was a small parcel with a clothing item inside and 3 first class stamps and the cost was £1.50. This has left me fuming because yesterday I sent the smallest jiffy envelope you can buy (it was no bigger than my small hand) and it weighed 0.027g and it cost me £4.10 first class!!!!!!!! I don't get it i really don't, it doesn't make sense to me and if this is just how it is and how its going to be then its a disgrace.

I wish everyone luck with the new postal prices and I really do hope that buyers understand its not sellers being greedy its royal mail.

Things are beautiful if you love them
Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

I really do hope that buyers understand its not sellers being greedy its royal mail.

The buyer only has to compare the postage charged by you and price on the label.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

You say you visited the post office on the first?? They were all closed!

They might have been light but it goes by the depth of the parcel/packet.

All they are doing is getting as much money as they can ready for the sell off!!

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

I really do hope that buyers understand its not sellers being greedy its royal mail.

The buyer only has to compare the postage charged by you and price on the label.

but they wont do that. they will mark you down because they arent happy with royal mails prices. its what they do x

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

flower-buds

Exactly stepheaton1985, it bothers me that buyers know the postage cost you are charging yet they still leave low DSR ratings for postage, Hang on a minute!!! 

@hansrey64 I must be totally brain dead I must of got the day wrong, silly me, i am only human after all:-x

I understand the sizes with royal mail but that is my point exactly also, I was charged £4.10 for a padded envelope the size of my computer mouse that weighed 0.027g work that out!

Not much we can do about it but, its good to have a moan about it even if we get dates wrong:|

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

As I said to a potential client who quearied the new postal charges and pointed out an error I had made, because it's as clear as mud, once I correct and relist all my items, I will wait for the next free weekend and put everything up.  I wii then watch it like a hawk.  If there are no sales within one calendar month, then it's "Goodbye Fred."  I will leave a nominal £1.00 to keep my account so that I can still access the RT and cease trading, giving everything to various charity shops.  I've had a good run for my money - about 190-odd sales including those who didn't leave feedback, but Royal Mail would have closed me down, as they will be doing for thousands of other eBayers who'll just call it a day, and go home.  Let's face it, nobody would be prepared to pay at least twice the price in postage than what they did buying it when, for an extra fiver they can get a brand new item.  Ebay aren't happy about it either.  They're going to lose money hand over fist when little people like me don't sell, because collectively, we make quite a man.  I'm no prophet of doom, but it's the beginning of the end for eBay.  Shareholders will start selling by the sackload.  I predick a downturn of custom of AT LEAST 8% and that is a VERYconservative estimate.  They've shot themselves in the foot with this one.  My potential customer actually told me she didn't intend buying anything off anybody on eBay because of this, and told me she hoped I didn't take it personally..  I replied, telling her I genuinely hoped there were many more like her, and we ended it on a good term.

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

if ebay were bothered about royal mails price increase why are they adding in august that top rated sellers have to offer a next day service? a one day dispatch? and a free postage option?

and to top it all of they have increased the price of a shop.

now they are trying to get the 15 percent top rated sellers earn EARN back for being a good seller and now ebay are damaging the ones that make ebay worth while.

a bad seller doesnt get top rated because they are bad.

a good seller loses top rated because they cant send an item on a next day service

because its made to order.

i sell golf clubs some are custom fit, the buyer tells me their height and i make to suit. this takes well over 48 hours 24hrs just for glue to dry. so a top rated seller loses his discounts because i cant offer next day dispatch.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

and another thing my golf clubs dont fit into royal mails small or medium packet size so postage with royal mail has gone from £3.65 -£13.20 over night, and how can i charge people £14 postage on a £10 golf club, but i will have to because its the next day service ebay demand you offer to keep the top rated seller status, then the buyer is unhappy and leaves me a bad mark on p&p price so i lose my top rated any way.

and the free postage option will be the death of ebay. yes we can increase our prices to cover it but if your rrp is set for you then an increase will mean no sales as its cheaper on the high street.

ebay are unique and needs to stay unique, if they get to close to amazon people will just go to amazon.

ebay made record profits last year so why do they need to change. 

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

flower-buds

Golfukonline this is a perfect example of the frustration sellers like you are facing.

My hermes charge approx. £8 maybe less for the type of items you are selling. You could book the item on and have your tracking number there and then but my Hermes tend not to pick up for two days sometimes three days so they are cheap but the service is slow, if they smartened up a bit they would be super to use especially in these circumstances where royal mail are being so freakin greedyX-(

My personal opinion is ebay know what they are doing, I have recently contacted them and said hold on a minute, why are buyers allowed to leave DSR's for postage costs, when they know the price of the sellers postage prior to buying, buyers cant pay the postage cost THEN leave low DSR's for the sellers postage! Ebay said "offer FREE postage to buyers then they cant leave postage ratings and put the postage cost on the item":| Who wins? Go figure?:|

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

flee19

Hope you don't mind my popping by to say hello and chat from New Zealand. It is interesting the comments made here in regard to postage costs. I have bought several items from the UK, (pretty new at is yes) and I am still amazed by the different shipping costs added. The most expensive being 13.00 pounds to send a two piece item. Well and good and I appreciate the time it takes to find out costs etc to post off to NZ. The fastest and cheapest post to arrive at my door was for a light satin frock, 5 days flat! So encouraged was I that I began to bid on other items and much to my consternation the shipping costs did a big turnaround and prices for light items became more noticiably cheaper that the post itself! One seller was exceptional though and I have kept her as fav. due her primo honesty in correcting an over-charged amount on the cost of shipping, so I do applaud her for that. In saying all this, I still have to marvel at the great variety of womens clothes etc that are so different from those on a similar on-line auction site. Just a question before I sign off, what size shoe would I need to know before making a bid from the UK? I am a size 9 or 40 or inside toe to heel sizing in cms 25. Much thanks and have an awesome day ALL.

flde
Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

flower-buds

Hi flee if you go on google and put in uk shoe sizes conversions you will get some good info.

Im glad you like the brits clothing, we sure have good taste when it comes clothes:^O

Still waiting the sunshine to shine to warm us all up a bit so the summer clothes can come out of the closetX-(

Happy days Flee

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

flee19

Thank you for that tip flower-buds and yes while in London two years previously I had a great clothes shopping trip and still going strong from across the great divide. LOL. I hope your weather there gets warmer soon. We are just starting our winter here and yes, getting cold to be sure. Have a great day to you and all.

flde
Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

Hi, Flee, continental shoe size 40 is a UK7.  Hope you find some you like!

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

I was printing pre paid postage labels today and noticed an option for ebay sellers, called Collect +, it is the first option on ebay's postage page, it offers up to 2 KG Tracked for £3.99. I think heavier parcels are catered for as well, the maximum size is the same as hand luggage size at airports, collection within 48 hours and delivery within 3 days. You just drop the parcel off at your local corner shop, there are 5000 shops in the scheme so far, in my local area there are 4 shops that operate the scheme.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

THESE DSRS. ARE A JOKE I WAS RATED TOP SELLER ON THE 20TH AND BEFORE IT KICKED OVER SOME BODY OPEND A CLAIM ON THE 20TH AND I HAD TILL THE 21ST TO REWSOLVE IT. THEY ALLOWED HIM TO EXELATE IT A DAY EARLY REFUND THE BUYER AND I GOT SCREWED FOR THE 2ND MONTH DROPP FROM TOP RATED TO BELOW STANDED AT THE BLINK O F A EYELID PHONED THEM THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A MISTAKE BUT HAD THE NERVBE TO TELL ME IHAD TO WATE TILL THE NEXT REVIEW ON THE 20TH OIF NEXT MO.NTH ARE THEY FOR REAL I GOT SCREWED NOW MY RATING HASE NOSEDIVED .HOW IS A SELLER EXPECTED TO RECOVEWR WHEN THE SYSTEM KEEPS SAYINGT LATE DELIVERY ,WHEN THEY ARE NOT 

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

THESE DSRS. ARE A JOKE I WAS RATED TOP SELLER ON THE 20TH AND BEFORE IT KICKED OVER SOME BODY OPENING A CLAIM ON THE 20TH AND I HAD TILL THE 21ST TO RESOLVE IT. THEY ALLOWED HIM TO ESCELATE IT A DAY EARLY.THEY REFUNDED THE BUYER AND I GOT SCREWED FOR THE 2ND MONTH DROPPED FROM TOP RATED TO BELOW STANDED AT THE BLINK O F A EYELID. PHONED THEM THEY TOLD ME IT WAS A MISTAKE BUT HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME I HAD TO WATE TILL THE NEXT REVIEW ON THE 20TH OF NEXT MONTH ARE THEY FOR REAL I GOT SCREWED NOW MY RATING HAS NOSEDIVED .HOW IS A SELLER EXPECTED TO RECOVER WHEN THE SYSTEM KEEPS SAYINGT LATE DELIVERY ,WHEN THEY ARE NOT 

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

Wow - is replying to a thread that is over 10 years old a record?!  😂

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent