Photo hosting sites.

In view of the current possible changes to Photobucket T & C would posters care to recommend an alternative free site? Some experiences would be much appreciated not just by me but other PB users.

I've used PB almost since it started up, I used Boomspeed as well but they suddenly closed shop and all pics disappeared.

If, due to the changes to PB people desert for places new, PB might go down the pan too so I wonder if there's a place which is free and allows a certain amount of 3rd party hosting, (that is, posting the pics on forums).

OK, I've seen the lists of other sites but personal experiences and recommendations would be appreciated.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 65
See Most Recent
64 REPLIES 64

Photo hosting sites.

Anonymous
Not applicable

photo scratch-head02-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000415-large.gif

Message 41 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

I can still get access to all in my PB. At the moment anyway. 

Message 42 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Message 43 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Live long and prosper.

Message 44 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Very odd, I got the email again. Linked pics still showing at the moment.

Live long and prosper.

Message 45 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Even more odd, I got another email a few minutes ago!

I'm still wondering if it's some sort of scam? If you respond to the emails (which I' haven't) it might trigger something which restricts your ability to link etc?

It could be PB themselves trying to get as much money as possible before going pop?

Live long and prosper.

Message 46 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't get any emails, but when I go on PB they will keep advertising to upgrade or change whatever, which I'm not going to unless I'm forced.

Message 47 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

I have been getting emails too. But I decided not to click on it as I wondered if maybe that might trigger everything off in PB taking off my photos and pictures from there. 

Message 48 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Great minds eh?

The thing is, if, as I wondered that they'd been hacked or were the victims of some sort of ransomware scam, they'd have done something about it by now?

Live long and prosper.

Message 49 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

I've got the PB email AGAIN so just testing:-

Live long and prosper.

Message 50 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

I wonder why they haven't been sent to everyone who uses PB.

Message 51 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Perhaps they'll get one when they get round to it?

Very odd that some people can't see their pics, others have had their linked pics disabled while others can still link?

Live long and prosper.

Message 52 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Photobucket finally got me!.Woman Surprised  Around 80 main forum banners, 65 room banners, internal ones, and nearly all members avatar name banners were taken off. Woman Sad I was just left with a few showing that had been added via servimg from my files. 

What a job that was to add all the banners again via Imgur. Woman Frustrated So pleased I saved all to Imgur (that took me nearly a day and a half to do that) at the end of June when Cee-dee kindly mentioned about the pending plans by PB.

It took me nearly 8 hours (I had a few breaks) to add all again to the forum. Plus doing the meeting and greeting each day as I do etc.

Lots of animated smilies were removed too. No way to get all those back as it would have taken forever to have saved all those to files. Fortunately many had been added via Sevimg, they are all still showing. But the main lot were added via PB by many past and present members over the years. 

If only PB could have put word out that any more added to forums etc from a set date, will be deleted. But all that had been added prior to the change would remain. So cruel what they have done. 

Now if I had a phone number for them, they would be spinning Woman Very Happy  like they made me spin when I signed into the forum the other day and saw all the mayhem there. 

I slept well that night, and last night, as I was totally worn out. Sure I saw banners jumping over the sleep fences, instead of sheep. Woman LOL

Message 53 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

What an awful job you've had?

Just testing PB:-

Live long and prosper.

Message 54 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Yes, an awful job that was for sure Cee-dee. 

I am surprised the two animated smilies I added on the 11th in this thread are still showing. 

Message 55 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Surely PB have committed suicide by pulling the stunts they have out of the Blue?

Live long and prosper.

Message 56 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

I'd say so!

It seems very underhand to block smileys etc posted legitmately in the past, when their rules allowed this.  Well, not only allowed, but actively encouraged.  They built their business on the idea that they host your stuff and you then link wherever you like.  If they had said that going forward no linking would be allowed from free accounts, I could understand it, especially if the fee for upgrading to do this was reasonable.  But to backdate the block to the beginning of time seems completely unnecessary when all they had to do was remove the link coding so no more could be done.

Hey ho!  That's the net for ya!  'tis all temporary and prone to whim. 

Message 57 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Anonymous
Not applicable

nice smiley photo nicesmiley.gif

Message 58 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now yesterday I could copy an image direct , from the side menu, from PB and post it on here. That was the only way I could make it work.

Today that doesn't work anymore, but now I can right click with my mouse, put my curser on the image, copy image and paste it on here.

clint photo emo-clint.gif

I do get the message

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

But I just post it.

Message 59 of 65
See Most Recent

Photo hosting sites.

clintshat.gifworks with pics from pc

Petal
Message 60 of 65
See Most Recent