Packing tape residue

The buyer wants to return an item as 'defective' or 'not as advertised' because some of the backing tape residue has remained,  even though I've explained how to get it off easily and without damage. She wants a full refund. Is this right? 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Packing tape residue

If she simply changed her mind within the return window you need to take it back anyway.

However, the ingenious/morally corrupt buyer has found a way of returning it whilst making you pay for the postage.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Packing tape residue

Thought so!! Thankyou

Sent from Outlook for iOS<>
Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Packing tape residue

`because some of the backing tape residue has remained, even though I've explained how to get it off easily and without damage. `

I`ve had this issue on a few things i`ve bought beit new or secondhand items and the best method i`ve found to get it off, is lighter fluid in those yellow cans you can buy for a quid in pondland. It`s good enough at getting any residue off, but not strong enough to cause any damage to anything 🙂

In this case, the buyer is probably aware of what they can do, even after your advice, but the issue is just an excuse to get some money back, that`s al it is.

I`d tell them if they aren`t happy, to return it for a refund.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent