PAINKILLERS.

When the 'safe option' painkiller turns out to be lethal

Accidental overdose: Lizz Bowker died after taking just two extra pills

John Bowker gasped in horror as he realised his wife Lizz had stopped breathing. 

‘I’d been out of our bedroom for only six minutes. 

'When I came back Lizz was lying there lifeless,’ recalls John, 67, a retired engineer from Eastbourne, Sussex.

He tried in vain to resuscitate his wife, as did the paramedics, who arrived within minutes, but it was too late.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2305936/Tramadol-When-safe-option-painkiller-turns-lethal.... 

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 1 of 9
See Most Recent
8 REPLIES 8

PAINKILLERS.

TRAMADOL?? The vet prescribed that as a painkiller for my dog when he came home after an operation.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 9
See Most Recent

PAINKILLERS.

Mmmmmmm, I take that when the pain gets un bearable.

such anger,prejudice and hypocrisy on a simple forum supposed to be free for all. I wish you all you all wish for xx good bye

PAINKILLERS.

Many Vets prescribe medication that is normally for use with the human population, but charge like a herd of buffaloes for the pleasure of doing it.

Mister EMB

Message 4 of 9
See Most Recent

PAINKILLERS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do use tramadol occasionally when pain becomes unbearable, but that is rare anyway. This year I had three tablets. It knocks me out within 15 minutes. I don't take any other meds, so I suppose I'm ok taking it.

Message 5 of 9
See Most Recent

PAINKILLERS.

@cee-dee wrote:

TRAMADOL?? The vet prescribed that as a painkiller for my dog when he came home after an operation.

What is tramadol?

Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain reliever.

Tramadol is used to treat moderate to severe pain.

The extended-release form of tramadol is for around-the-clock treatment of pain. This form of tramadol is not for use on an as-needed basis for pain.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 6 of 9
See Most Recent

PAINKILLERS.

I'm looking to buy my cat's meds online - roughly half the vet's price.  Do you know how you can tell if an online supplier is selling the genuine medicine - do they need to be registered somehow?  Even though the vet charges £10 for the prescription, it still works out cheaper!

Message 7 of 9
See Most Recent

PAINKILLERS.

Well, I contacted the BVA and they have a list of accredited retailers:

You can find more information on the VMD website at : http://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/public/internetretailers.aspx.

This includes a full list of accredited retailers at http://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/InternetRetailers/accredited-retailers.aspx.

Message 8 of 9
See Most Recent

PAINKILLERS.

I used to take Tramadol 100mg or 200mg  for severe pain but I find 2 x Hydrocodeine 30 mg with 2x Paraceteamol 500mg does the trick.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
Message 9 of 9
See Most Recent