Money Laundering on eBay

It seems Money Laundering is not something that eBay is at all concerned about.

There is not one link or avenue I can find to report my findings:

If I could find an email for eBay I would email them, but I cant find any way of contacting them about it:

I was looking through the completed listings for chairs when I found one **bleep**py one for an extrordinarily high price !

I won't post the item number, in case I get recriminations, but if you look for yourself under "auction" items, "completed listings": highest price first, you'll find it as sold !!

If you dig a bit deeper, you'll also find other things out that confirm my suspicions. 

Why is eBay not at all bothered at this, I've seen this before as well:

eg: A NEW BMW, 1.0litre, no picture, but listed and actually bought by another member for £100,000.

Is no-one else bothered either, there are no discussions about this??

Message 1 of 45
See Most Recent
44 REPLIES 44

Money Laundering on eBay

Sorry jeremy,  my apologies, was trying to defend a poster.

Ive nothing to contribute to the money laundering so I'll say tata xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 41 of 45
See Most Recent

Money Laundering on eBay

Someone offered to buy my item for £30 and then asked to contact me outside of ebay and then said it was a gift for their cousin If they paid me £300 by PayPal could I also buy a £300 gift card and put it in with the gift...

god knows what is going on their but I did not like the smell of it... you should be able to tell eBay and they should have someone who knows what is a likely scam and what isn't...

Message 42 of 45
See Most Recent

Money Laundering on eBay

@aidantoase wrote:

... god knows what is going on their 

Had you done that, they would probably have done a chargeback via Paypal, and got a £300 gift card, plus a £300 refund.

Over promise, then under deliver = negative buyer experience, INR cases, unhappy buyers and sellers.
Under promise, then over deliver = Positive buyer experience, joy and happiness all round. 
If only eBay could get their heads round this basic concept, this would be a happier place for all.
Message 43 of 45
See Most Recent

Money Laundering on eBay

I have found that there is something going on on eBay as I am trying to find vans to buy and there are vans very cheap compared to the rest of the same van and the sellers have loads of vehicles for sale thousands of pounds cheaper but never reply to you  and there feedback is always a year old at least some scans or money laundering going on there I suspect?

Message 44 of 45
See Most Recent

Money Laundering on eBay

some of us are i have spotted some sites like oddsnends and clares if you see their bidders their all private listing on evry item sold its a disgrace nothing gets done it ruins it for people trying to buy stuff but yeah ur not alone on this ebay need to get their finger out  and stop this laundering.

Message 45 of 45
See Most Recent