Ludlow hospital, PC gone mad or a justified refusal?.

Message 1 of 21
See Most Recent
20 REPLIES 20

Lunacy. The woman at the heart of it needs some re-education.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 21
See Most Recent

Did you read any of the comments underneath, most in agreement that she should be sacked?.

Message 3 of 21
See Most Recent

The story is old and I've been reading all the comments from when the story first broke in Shropshire. I only saw one comment in support of her "decision".

Follow up story:-

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/health/2017/08/23/ludlow-bed-push-drag-nurses-row-shropshire-hea...

Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 21
See Most Recent

So do we know if the woman involved is still in position? I assume she is as her interpretation was extremely PC to the detriment of the hospital maybe but in her mind she was standing up for herself as a woman, a strong woman with forthright views and prepared to be outspoken. Someone who is prepared to challenge everyone and everything, someone prepared to wave two fingers at public opinion
Because she is right and 93% of the population is wrong. Honestly men dressing up as women, surely that is demeaning, women dressed in torn jeans, with part shaved heads and the rest of their hair died blue with studs through their tongues and piercings throughout their body that is the way that a woman expresses herself these days, and woe betide anyone who knocks it😀

Message 5 of 21
See Most Recent

Haha, fallen Archie xx

Sometimes women are their own worst enemy.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next mood swing in 6 minutes
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Message 6 of 21
See Most Recent

Smiley LOLi think Archie's been sneaking around outside here, he's just decribed half the wemen, not to sure about some of em.

Petal
Message 7 of 21
See Most Recent

That event has been running for 30 years without complaint, now it's been judged to be offensive. The team of fundraisers have been branded "highly sexualised" well I'm sorry but sex is the last thing I think about looking at a bunch of overweight blokes in lipstick, what a load of nonsense.

slight_frown

Message 8 of 21
See Most Recent

Crazy the reason given for not accepting the donation money. 

Message 9 of 21
See Most Recent

Unfortunately there are those who refuse to accept that the vast majority of the population do know the difference between fantasy and real life and don't confuse the two.

They are the ones who will claim that video games make children violent despite having not one shred of evidence to support it.

@marg*e wrote:

Has the NHS got so much money they can refuse donations?.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/hospital-blasted-refusing-charity-donation-men-wore-demeaning-sexy-nurse-o...

Not the NHS, one daft chief executive at one hospital who with one decision has probably caused untold damage to charity raising for her hospital Smiley Sad

Merry Everything & A Happy Always 🙂
Message 11 of 21
See Most Recent

Not just her hospital, many others as well.

Isn't she just perpetuating the very thing she is so against.  IMO anyone so po-faced and lacking in imagination is a liability, not only to her hospital but also to her cause.

Probably, like so many others in similar executive positions she moved straight from "uni" into the higher echelons of the public services,  never lived outside her cocoon or really grew up and still thinks life is as black and white as portrayed S.U debates.

I bet the only supporting comment, referred to above, was made by another of the same ilk.

Message 12 of 21
See Most Recent

Latest report:-

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/health/2017/08/26/ludlow-hospital-fundraisers-petition-breaks-40...

Have a look at what "a spokesman" for the community health trust had to say (towards the end of the news item).

Live long and prosper.

Message 13 of 21
See Most Recent

Typical, the "professional" administrators close ranks in support of each other and spout another load of twaddle to justify a seriously stupid decision.

Message 14 of 21
See Most Recent

It's on BBC now.

Message 15 of 21
See Most Recent

Has anyone asked the female nurses what they think of this method of fundraising, and whether they think the money should be refused? Anything that raises a smile for the general public in these grim times should be applauded. It's PC gone absolutely bonkers.  One of the best laughs I ever had in my life was seeing my husband ( Welsh, none too tall, built like a prop forward) dressed like a 'lady' , for a fancy dress party.  It was those chunky hands, with the beautifully manicured scarlet nails.......that did it! One of the fundraisers just saidon TV that they will do the same again next year. Good for them!

Message 16 of 21
See Most Recent

I have read the piece suggested by CD and conclude that humour is now an extremely selective activity and a dangerous one for many. I would never see this as demeaning it is a bit of fun pure and simple! I have the utmost respect for all those in the NHS regardless of sex, race, or position, they have roved themselves time and time again, but is this woman suggesting that films like carry on Doctor are demeaning as opposed to comedic? It seems to me that too many people are humourless freaks and should not be in positions of responsibility.
Message 17 of 21
See Most Recent

No official would dare disagree with the decision, if they did the wrath of the social justice warriors would descend on them making their life hell and probably losing them their job.

Remember what they did to Professor Tim Hunt, remember Dr. Matt Taylor.

I wonder what will happen next year?:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-41066828

Live long and prosper.

Message 19 of 21
See Most Recent

The latest news:-

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/health/2017/09/02/health-minister-calls-for-u-turn-on-ludlow-dra...

Live long and prosper.

Message 20 of 21
See Most Recent