How can you tell if your missus has forgotten all about you?

When your wife says "You missed a spectacle of the eclipse this morning but you were so sound asleep that I thought it was a shame to wake you up" Never mind eh!!    There'll be another one in about 117 years or so. Bummer.

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

I think the next one is in 11 years time in 2026
......................................................................................................................................................................................................... .................Im a 76 year old Nutcase.. TOMMY LOVES YOU ALL. .. I'm a committed atheist.
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

I think that was thoughtful on the part of Your wife, You don't have to wait that long to see another. 5 more in the next 30 months.

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Not a bloomin' thing happened down here in Kent. Didn't even get dim. But it's finally worked and it's really dark now. nerd smiley-face-with-glasses-clip-art.jpg

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Same here in Portsmouth. Far too much cloud to see anything. It didn't even get dark and all the birds were still feeding and flying around in my garden, and chirping their little heads off. A complete non event. If it hadn't been all over the telly for days I wouldn't have even noticed anything was different.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

A non event here too.

Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Here in Brighton, the sky was completely overcast, so we couldn't see the sun at all.

At about half past nine, when the eclipse was supposed to have got under way, the light did get noticeably dimmer, but that was about it.

My boyfriend and I stayed in bed throughout the event, and we didn't miss anything.

Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

It was very cloudy in our part of Cumbria but we were lucky enough to see the eclipse several times through the cloud . The light outside was very strange , similar to that of when a thunderstorm is brewing .....

Glad we did see it though ...
Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent