Are people too lazy and impatient now, or ................

Just today, by 5.30pm there were 19 separate threads all saying that the ebay app doesn't work on two boards.  8 on the computing and tech board and 11 on the ebay uk community board.  It's ridiculous, unnecessary, and pushes other threads off the first page. 

Are people now too lazy and impatient to use the search board facility on the page, to see if there are other current questions the same as theirs?

Or are new posters unobservant and unaware of the search box that is visible top right on every board?

Or, is ebay getting more difficult for people to find their way around or to find information about posting?

In some aspects I think the latter could be the case, but the search box looks fairly obvious to me.  Even if someone doesn't use the search facility the string of similar questions is there to see on the page.

So is it:

AnswersNow.png  or is posting on ebay confusing?  spinning.gif

All that we are is what we have thought.
Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

images.jpg

People are impatient and commerce is lazy.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

There's something afoot with ebay, I don't know what it is, but something is driving people to post in the wrong place.

On ebay.com there are dozens of boards but finding the one you want isn't easy. Perhaps what's "over there" is coming here?

Just for fun, use the ebay links over there and try to find the Town Square? No cheating, no googling Smiley Happy

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Yes there has been a lot of posting in the wrong place recently, and no doubt those 11 threads about a faulty ebay app on the uk community board will be re-directed to join the rest in Computing and tech. 

Hopefully ebay will work out why people are posting on the wrong boards (mostly new posters); presumably there is some automatic direction to the wrong place happening.

But that isn't the same thing as what I am asking here - people posting the same questions above many more of the same on the page.

I had wondered that if you use a mobile app then perhaps you don't see the same things on a page as you do without the app or from a computer or laptop?  Since I don't use an ebay app I wouldn't know.  But then all these people are reporting that their ebay phone apps aren't working, so I would think they must see what the rest of us see on the page and if they bothered to look they would see the threads all about the same question.  

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

But the thing is, they're not looking at where their questions are going. They're just posting a question where ebay asks them to ask their question. Once it's posted, I don't think they know where it's gone.

Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

@cee-dee wrote:

But the thing is, they're not looking at where their questions are going. They're just posting a question where ebay asks them to ask their question. Once it's posted, I don't think they know where it's gone.

Do you know this as fact?  Possible I suppose but it's a mystery to me how they actually post it.

If you type in a question on the front page of the ebay community ..... that is where there is a box where it says

"Ask a question to other ebay members" .........

........ the following happens (I have just tried it):

If you type 'app not working' for example, you first see 5 options below your question that might help - i.e. 5 threads about this subject which you can open, and add to if you want.

If you don't bother to look at these, or you have a question that ebay says no-one else has asked this question, you can click 'continue' and post in a reply box, but ebay asks you to choose which board to post in, out of a drop down selection.

You have to choose a board otherwise your question will not post. (I just tried to do that).

So, I don't see how they can post without choosing a place to post it.  Also, the ebay uk community board in ebay cafe, where so many questions that should be elsewhere have been turning up, is not among that drop-down selection.

So, it is still a mystery to me.  But I guess you are saying that ebay is at fault? 

I guess they are since the flood of similar questions in the wrong forum is a recent problem.  But I do think that people are getting more impatient and don't familiarise themselves with a site before using it.  But perhaps ebay is less straightforward for new posters to navigate than it used to be??

Anyway, I hope ebay have the ability to sort out the problem of so many duplicate threads and so many turning up in the wrong place, and soon.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

It would be an amazing coincidence for so many people to suddenly start posting questions in the wrong place (and so many similar questions too) within such a short space of time?

It's not happened before as it would if it was the posters "fault" so it has to be an ebay glitch of some sort. If they're choosing somwhere to post, I think the link to the place they think they're posting when they click actually takes them to the boards where we're seeing all those threads and not only that, I that it might only be one or a few of the ebay servers where this is happening.

Floating around the net, many times I've clicked a link that takes me some place other than where the link was supposed to go.

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent