A list of really irritating words and phrases - please add your most hated examples.

I'm feeling really grumpy, for some reason. Idly surfing the internet is proving more aggravating than stimulating.

Whether it's something as harmless as a news site or as stimulating as a discussion board, everything I look at seems to include a word or phrase that really, really gets up my nose. ("Gets up my nose"? I'll bet that just entered someone's most-hated list.)

The worst of it is the realisation that I let some of them slip into my own scribbling and conversation.

A few offerings gleaned from today's wanderings. There are, of course, many more - do add yours.

Not on my watch

Not fit for purpose

So...

Can I get...

Reach out

Going forward

Roll out

At this time

Should/shouldn't of

Bored of

24/7

Message 1 of 22
See Most Recent
21 REPLIES 21

A list of really irritating words and phrases - please add your most hated examples.

Going forward.

I, personally.

Thanks in advance.

Absolutely.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 2 of 22
See Most Recent

Brexit

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 3 of 22
See Most Recent

Hun

Could of, would of, should of, off of

Sentences beginning with 'so'.

Bogof

Jeremy Corbyn

Message 4 of 22
See Most Recent

In the same vein as your last, Diane Abbott.

Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 22
See Most Recent

I could scream every time I hear brexit, and I thought I was the only one irritated by going forward.

Burglarised.😡

Message 6 of 22
See Most Recent

Anything written in text speak.

Trump.

Using the words stood or sat,  instead of standing or sitting.  "He was sat at the bus stop".  NO HE WASN'T.  He was sitting there.  Everyone seems to say it including the BBC.

..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 7 of 22
See Most Recent

Keep calm and ......

Are you alright? When responded to with....I’m half left all down one side.

Message 8 of 22
See Most Recent

What do you say Pet! I’m not your pet hun!
What I will say is this!
This is massive why aren’t the press covering it?
Everyone is biased against Corbyn😀
People who use the words Scum, Vile etc
Not sure about Dianne Abbott, she gets an awful lot of on line abuse, when she protests is racist, I believe it’s more a matter of professional incompetence!
Left and right wingers who value free speech so much they cannot wait to shut people down!

Message 9 of 22
See Most Recent

Singing from the same hymn sheet.

Message 10 of 22
See Most Recent

Smiley Very Happyhave a nice day

Petal
Message 11 of 22
See Most Recent

"Is there anything else I can help you with today?" (I always answer "Yeah, lend me a million quid and don't ask for it back")

Live long and prosper.

Message 12 of 22
See Most Recent

The F*** word being accepted as normal - along with other obscene words.

I'm with you on 'So ... ' at the beginning of sentences - SO annoying! stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

"Write your Life Story and Publish it" .....

"Longdon Green, Farewell"....

"Use Google's Picasa for a Kindle, e-book, cover picture." ... on Hub Pages

Use quotation marks when searching.
Message 13 of 22
See Most Recent

I'd rather be told to have a nice day by someone who doesn't mean it, than be told to p*** off by someone who does.

Woman LOL

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 14 of 22
See Most Recent

Smiley LOL

Petal
Message 15 of 22
See Most Recent

SpagBol = just downright laziness 

Sleeps - should only be used at kids in weeks before 'Crimbo' (theres another one)

All the Feels - no no no

'Thoughts and Prayers' - Smiley Mad

Message 16 of 22
See Most Recent

"I will say this........"

Live long and prosper.

Message 17 of 22
See Most Recent

I’m not gonna lie😩
Message 18 of 22
See Most Recent

LIKE after every other word 😩
Message 19 of 22
See Most Recent

Going forward

In this day and age

At the end of the day

In the fullness of time

Please do not feed the Troll
Message 20 of 22
See Most Recent