A bit close for comfort!

I must have missed reports of the asteroid that came closer to the Earth than the Moon.

https://www.technologyreview.com/f/614027/a-huge-asteroid-flew-very-close-to-earth-last-week-how-did...

The asteroid managed to get within just 73,000 kilometers (45,360 miles) of our planet without anyone noticing.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

A bit close for comfort!

Is that classed as a near miss?
Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

A bit close for comfort!

That it came closer to us than the moon makes it a very near miss.  But as there's very little that can be done about it, I can't see much point in worrying.

I can't help feeling that at the moment the professional worriers / alarm raisers are looking in the wrong direction.  Perhaps they haven't noticed the increased Tectonic activity along the Mediterranean fault line recently either.

Both of Europe's active volcanoes are showing signs of  being a little more active than usual.  Two earth-quakes in Greece, one in Italy and another in the South of France.  It wouldn't take much of an "incident" in that area to devastate both sides of the Med.

Have a nice daylaughing

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

A bit close for comfort!

Tell you what I have noticed, it must be about time we had a hosepipe ban!!!!
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

A bit close for comfort!

There's another one coming, some sites say it'll be today, others on Thursday.

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

A bit close for comfort!

Hosepipe ban😱😱😱, it’s rained right through the summer, and winter for that matter, here.😁

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent