If I didn't find this funny, I might just cry!

A buyer won a number of comics from me last week, and I've just reeived the following email from him:-

"I can't pay you for a couple of weeks. If I'd known I was going to win them, I wouldn't have bid"

Explanation please, before I send for the men in white coats to take me away!

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Hello

before I send for the men in white coats to take me away! " Woman LOL

super woman.jpgNo need for the men in white coats that is for sure  Woman LOL = the buyer on the other hand will need them to take him away Woman LOL

Go the un-paid item case route as at least you are sure that you will get your FVF fees refunded & no feedback will be left by buyer = you have lost a sale 

So If a buyer  does not pay you for item then you have to use the tools at your disposition by opening an un-paid item case for each item sold & for you to get your FVF fees back for each item sold & not paid for at least 2 days after item sold then close it 4 days later (you will have to close it manually yourself )

You have to do this before re-listing item(s)

Read all about it here for more info
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Add the buyer's ID to your Blocked Bidders List. 
http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Set your preferences as tight as possible

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences&guest=1

Do not leave a neg on a positive for feedback as it will be removed & your account marked !!  Buyer won't be able to leave feedback either

So by using the tools at your disposition you are in effect helping as if buyer has 2 un-paid item cases over 12 months then buyer will be unable to buy from other seller(s) also as most have set their preferences to deal with non payers & time waster(s)

Hope this helps :womanhappy:

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

You couldnt make it up could you ??

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

I'm still trying to work that one out.Woman LOL

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Could it be, that the buyer saw your items, and really wanted them.

And thought:  "They'll go for a price I can't afford.  But at least I can make a bid for them, and that will give me some pleasure."

Like the pleasure of window-shopping, when you see expensive things, and imagine going in to buy them?

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

In response to Gorilla's answer she is indeed correct when she says about the four day deadline.  I try to be a little bit more accomodating - on all my ads I always put: "Will buyers please ensure all payments are made within seven calendar days.  Thank you"  That gives them an additional three days grace.  However if people are slow to pay I send them a reminder telling them at after the seven days are up Paypal Assist will automaticall step in on my behalf where it will be taken out of my hands and failure to receive payment will result in a strike being made against them.  When this happens I automatically take out a B/B against them and put them down as a time waster.  I don't suffer a fool gladly.  I( have about eighteen people on my B/B list who will never was be buying from me again.

Very occasionally I'll rub salt into the wound by telling them I was about tobut one of their items but a flag came up telling me not to and ah yes, here was the reason.

Un-Christian of me to dog somebody over their mistakes - it's the only way they'll learn, so put this man on your B/B list.  

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent