Uploading images to support a claim/dispute.

Hi

Why is it that I cannot contact Ebay directly by phone or chat with a technical issue? There is no option for this on the automated menu. Here's the story; I recieved a package today that had been damaged. It was in a Royal Mail plastic bag used for the purpose of securing damaged parckages. There should have been four items in the bag but there was only three. I tried to upload pictures through messaging to the seller but they will not upload. I just get server error please try again. I have tried the help menu but nowhere is there an option for this kind of scenario. I can't send the seller pictures to support what I say and I can't speak to Ebay to get support with a technical problem. Is there anyway to get past the damned automated system to chat with customer services about this? It's preventing me from progressing my dispute.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

hi

not any help im afraid but i too am having the same problem with the same message

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

Have you opened a case for item not as described?  The photos go in the case,  not messages.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Open an eBay case for 'not as described' as the order is not complete, add the photo to the eBay case.

Do not close the case until eBay as sorted it out for you.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Adding to the advice already given.

It may sound daft but to open a not as described case you have to open a return using the "return this item" link in the more actions menu on the item in your purchase history.

You can pick the reason "missing parts or pieces" or " doesn't match discription or photos".

The seller has 3 business days to help you but if they don't you can ask eBay to step in on the fourth day and an escalate button will appear.

Don't let the seller run you out of time by promising to send you the missing item.

This eBay page will also help you open a case.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-refunds/return-item-refund?id=4041 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent
Got technical related questions? Start here: