eBay Abusing their Customers

The new pay out system is an abuse by eBay of valued customers.  Fees are now charged immediately as opposed to monthly.  Payments are placed on hold for 24 hours or 72 hours with NO Weekend processing. eBay then use the antiquated payment system instead of the Faster Payment system holding sellers funds a minimum 48hrs up to 96hrs depending on banks handling of the antiquated system.  This is retrograde and believe anything abuse of sellers. 

I would welcome other Sellers comments

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

I agee MP is not as good as paypal, but we have to accept it or not sell on ebay.

I think fees being deducted from payment is better, no extra bill at end of month, paypal do this anyway.

As you say, ebay could pay into bank quicker.

This is the Answer Centre, for those who have questions that require urgent answers.  To discuss issues (or to rant!), use Seller Central in the Discussion forums. 

But as you're here, note that this has already been discussed to death, so just add your voice to one of the many existing threads over there if you absolutely must, rather than start yet another. Not that there is any point, as Managed Payments is here to stay, just as it is on many other selling platforms.  It is not 'abuse' (look up the word in a dictionary to learn its meaning), but simply a change of payment processor.  You either accept it, or you sell your stuff elsewhere.

And your bank's processing times have nothing at all to do with Ebay. If your bank is taking more than a few seconds or minutes to clear a payment into your bank account, a payment which has already been cleared as safe, then you need to change your bank...!  My payments arrive in my bank account within seconds of Ebay transferring them from my Ebay account.

@mo1953mozza 

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

this board is for quick urgent questions and answers.

Suggest you post on discussion boards.