Refunding a customer

A buyer bought a pair of earrings on 2nd April, and she didnt received them yet. She complains that she was expecting the delivery by 5th April( Never wrote me that she was expecting them by 5th April) I believev this is due to the Corona virus pandemic they have some troubles with delivering. Now the customer is demanding that she wants the refund. Should I issue the refund her now? If so do the eBay pay any compensation to the seller? Had this experience before with some customers. But did not received any compensation from eBay. 

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

If the buyer has opened a case on ebay the refund will be automatic when you accept it.  Don't refund direct from your Paypal account.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Why do you think Ebay pay compensation? They are not a Charity!

It is up to the buyer to open a Not Received Case, unless you have tracking proving delivery you have to refund.

If you have proof of Postage you use that to make a claim on Royal Mail although depending on the value and type of ear rings unless you used Special Delivery they are unlikely to pay up.

It is a shame that there are buyers who haven't noticed how our lives have been turned upside down by the virus. I can only think they live in a different world.

You can put in a claim to Royal Mail to claim back the loss so you're not out of pocket.

They need proof of posting, proof of value (work out a costing list including things like the components, glue, paint, if you've made them by hand, packaging), do a screenshot of the costing and save as a jpeg. You need to upload these in your online claim.

This is the link to the claim form here https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/325?iid=MCE_claims_IVR_01

You can get the customer's email address from the email sent to you by PayPal, just click on the drop down on your email where it shows "service@paypal.co.uk <service@paypal.co.uk> to me" in the top left corner of your email (that's where it shows to me in gmail) as you need that for the claim.

I recommend keeping a file of claims you make as with the pandemic causing problems worldwide with post you may be doing this more than once!

Royal Fail are actually pretty good with the claims, we get cheques back from them usually within a week of doing the claim.

Hope that helps!

you need to ask her to open a not received case in the Resolution Centre and then refund the her in full,

you also need to:-

Upgrade to a Business Account

as subscribing to a shop doesn't do this automatically