Suspicious potential buyer repeatedly making offer on item after seller declines

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a live listing for sale which is open to offers. I am asking for £38 + postage.  A buyer responded and instead of just using “buy it now”, sent me an offer for the £38 and asked me to message him via Whats App.  I also noted the location as Malaysia ... I only post in UK. I also noted he had only opened his account in 2021 and had no activity. I was suspicious and declined offer. I have since had more of the same but from slightly different ID names (numbers change) but clearly the same person and same message. Yesterday I changed my password and blocked the two ID numbers.  I also sent message response with last declined offer stating I do not send out of uk, I do not communicate off line and do not deal with buyers who use different ID’s. I thought that would be the end of it but this morning another one has arrived with different number on the ID again. eBay don’t seem to consider him a buyer as he hasn’t purchased anything yet so reporting him has seemed impossible. Any idea how to solve this? There’s clearly some sort of potential scam here but eBay help isn’t helpful in this case as far as I can see 🙁.   Is my only option to remove this listing and then to re-list and not accept offers?

View Entire Topic
plpmr
Experienced Mentor

ignore and block them.

this is a current scam.

Any request to contact off eBay - ignore and block.