I sold an item labelled and advertised correctly, the buyer said it didn't fit her.

Hi I sold an night dress on ebay, advertised and labelled as XL from the White company. The only question the buyer asked before purchasing was how cheap she could buy it!!!.  Foolishly I sold it to her at the reduced price.  It was sold as non returnable.   A week later she requested to return it saying it didn't fit her and that she should have asked for measurements but as she is familiar with the brand she didn't ask for measurements.  I said no she couldn't return it as it had been sold as new in the original packaging.  The case was closed on ebay.  However, she opened a case through PayPal stating it had been advertised uncorrected, that it was not as described.   I sent all the screen shots of where she had previously said that she wanted to return it as it didn't fit and where she said the error was hers.   Yet they found in her favour.  How is this fair?.  So now I end up paying the sellers fee, am at the loss of packing charges and no doubt she will return the item in poor condition. How can this be deemed a favour action for an honest seller, why are people left abuse sellers and ebay/PayPal always find in favour of the buyer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ebay need Buyers more than they need Sellers.

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

If they opened the dispute in paypal that is a different firm

Did you have to pay the return postage on paypal?. Did paypal say send postage label?.

It does seem unfair when they buyer admits it did not fit

I would phone paypal and see what they say

Ebay is not regulated but paypal is.

You could put in a complaint and see what happens 

I always put measurements on garments as even with named brands fits can vary considerably