Headlight purchase refund issues!!

I contacted the seller and he said I should send the headlight back, I printed the label from ebay with the return address. I took it to Collect plus. And they said it's too big. I phoned parcel force to come collect, they collected and sent it back to him. 

He wasn't in to collect the parcel. Parcel force left a card to come collect it and he hasn't collected it.

He sent me a message through ebay with his home address that I should phone parcel force myself to send it back to his home address??? why I don't know. I can't do that?? That's weird no?

Now he hasn't collected it and obviously have no refund yet.

I've tried to call ebay but I can't get through because of the virus! 

Anyon else having issues getting through?

Any advice on what I should do now??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

I'm confused. If you opened a Return Request and Ebay supplied you with a returns label, it would have been a Royal Mail label. So why did you take the package to a Collect Plus store...? Collect Plus stores are for courier deliveries and collections, not Royal Mail deliveries or returns. The store would have refused it because it had a Royal Mail tracking number, not because it was too big. You should have taken it to the Post Office.

So, I'm assuming that it was a Royal Mail label, in which case tracking would show that delivery had been attempted. So escalate the Return Request to Ebay on the date stated (bearing in mind that cases are timed to the second), and they will force the refund.  You don't need to speak to Ebay - the entire return and case systems are automated.

All you have to ensure is that you ship to the address on the label Ebay supplies. Once tracking shows delivery or attempted delivery to that address, your job is done. If the seller wants the item forwarded elsewhere, it's up to him to arrange that with the carrier.

@docas1900 

You don't say why you are returning or whether you opened a return Case.

Everything on bay is done through a case,then if things gowrong as they have you can ask ebay to step in and force a refund.

As far as a return is concerned ebay so long as Tracking showed attempted return to the address provided by Ebay they would refund.

Without details of why and how you returned, whether you had opened a case it is difficult to say whether this can be sorted out to get a refund.

error

No message received!

why are you sending a test message to a help board?

seems rather odd to me