Service Metrics Unfair eBay Should Change it

One thing I believe eBay should change is the returns service metric and how they calculate it.

For instance, when a customer opens a return, eBay should consider only the cases where the items are actually returned. I have encountered situations where customers opened returns using incorrect options or made false claims, but out of eight such cases, only one person actually returned the item. I personally consider this as a legitimate return because the item was physically sent back, while the others didn't bother and the cases were ultimately closed in my favour.

Therefore, I suggest that eBay should only include returns that were genuinely completed, where the item was returned to the seller. I understand that customer service may explain that these records are for our benefit, but personally, I do not find any use for them, especially when dealing with false claims or incorrect return reasons. However, in cases of damaged returns, where the item doesn't come back, I can comprehend the need for such records.

I kindly request eBay to take the feedback of sellers into consideration, as it would help us buyers to support eBay even more effectively. As a top-rated seller (plus) with a 99.5% feedback rating and no defects, I believe I am doing a great job. I am determined to grow my business, and any improvements in the returns service metric would be greatly beneficial, ensuring nothing negatively impacts my account.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Service Metrics Unfair eBay Should Change it

Hey

I saw your post and your performing now, I hope that you are back on your track alredy.  but I have the same problem now, and they have calculated for me some of a false opened the INR cases in the service metric which reduces the selling impression and add an extra time of the delivery. I am wondering if you have something to cheer me up?.  I am the seller for abut 3 years and I am not sure still who I can speak here to exactly as to the customer's service.

Thx 

Peter

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: