Promotional offers

Hi everyone, has anyone else stopped getting offers for selling ?

I used to get offers regularly every few weeks and regularly sold stuff but haven't received one for months. 
Hope someone can advise me on anything I can do to try and receive them again because I'm not selling items and willing to  pay the current fees offered.

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Promotional offers

Lots of members have not had the offer since February 2023.

There are lots of threads about this and many people have contacted Ebay Customer services.

There is not anything you can do to make the offers start again though, sorry.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Promotional offers

Thanks for the heads up, you would of thought Vinted being hot on their heels they'd be offering promotions out left right and centre.

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Promotional offers

Ebay have recently removed all fees for selling clothes - a big incentive I would think as sales on Vinted tend not to make as much money as clothing sold here.

With or without FVF discounts, there seem to be plenty of sellers and plenty of items for sale!  It's the buyers that are in short supply.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Promotional offers

It is all guesswork but I wonder if you sold too many of one type of product (ie shoes) so the eBay algorithm decided your selling was more professional in nature. I'm not saying it is by the way as you have sold the same sizes.

I have a personal account and never get the promotion. It must be as they link it to my business accounts which I think is unfair as I also have personal items to sell. 

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Promotional offers

Alhough I pulled the plug on my days as an eBay seller when they made the decision ot get rid of PayPal as the default means of receiving payment from buyers for items purchased, I always used to find that if I listed items regularly I would be less likely to receive offers from eBay.  However, if for some reason I eased off of selling for a bit or maybe even stopped selling for quite a while before resuming selling again, I would often find that eBay would start sending me offers, as if they were trying to tempt me back again!  However, I haven't received any such offers for a few years now, so perhaps eBay have finally got the message that I will not be making a return to selling on eBay...

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Promotional offers

Hi try my solution offered to addyeddy regarding his not receiving prom offers on 2nd May. It works for me.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Promotional offers

Sorry I'm new to this community how do I see the solution without sounding stupid ?

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

Promotional offers

There isn't really a solution as eBay will never divulge why certain sellers get offers and others were abruptly stopped. 

If it's trainers you want to sell and aren't prepared to pay full fees then Depop and Vinted are your 2 main online alternatives, along with FB marketplace. If eBay see you have stopped selling maybe months down the line they may resume the fee offers but I wouldn't hold your breath. 

If you want to sell clothing, excluding things like accessories and footwear you can sell on eBay with zero fees as a private seller without waiting for an offer. 

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Promotional offers

Just a small correction to the above - shoes and accessories are not free to sell.

Items such as vintage gloves for example, which are listed under 'clothing & accessories' still have normal fees of just over 13% as do shoes, boots etc.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Promotional offers

Sorry you had to ask to clarify i thought it was easier to find than it is.

This solution has worked for me on several occasions.

Hi i have mentioned this before in relation to selling promotions.

Promotion due to start tomorrow i.e Friday and i have a tip and just checked and it worked for me.

Using desktop go to seller hub.

Scroll down to Promotional offers then select

Select view expired offers if you select last one you received.

Page opens offering me a discount due to start tomorrow.

I pressed activate and i now have activated my 70% offer which starts tomorrow a day in advance before i received any offers.

You must do it on desktop and you must have the seller hub.

It worked for me today and other times in the past when i was not sent anything on a Friday morning regarding any promotional discounts. Hope it works for you.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: