I can't add multibuy on anything this weekend. However have done before in September...

Hi

I have some variations of kids clothes which were accidentally over ordered. They aren't mine but a friends. They've had them for years and years. I was thinking of doing a charity thing with them but also wanted to try sell a few before I do next year.

I can't add multibuy % discounts on my latest listings but I have a few up from September where I have added discounts. I have no idea how to get the option again.

I am not a business. Just a casual seller

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

I can't add multibuy on anything this weekend. However have done before in September...

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

@drums_n_dresses wrote:

I have some variations of kids clothes which were accidentally over ordered. They aren't mine but a friends.

I am not a business. Just a casual seller

You need to be careful here, it would be better for your friend to list them on her account. Only because details are passed to HMRC by eBay and if they deem you to be selling anything other than your own personal items you could be hit with a bill.

As regards multi buy, can you provide an example of a couple of listings that you've tried to add multi buy to buy couldn't see the option?

Are they all in the same category?

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

Hi vyolla

I doubt I will sell any to be honest. My friend had 50 samples requested and loads more were actually made in error. I was just putting them on cheap for a better home.

Old listing (Multibuy is on)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305315898424?hash=item47163ee438:g:3wIAAOSwftFlEHrM

New Listing (Can't add multibuy discounts)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305315967909?hash=item47163ff3a5:g:ObEAAOSw3fNlfMnf

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

Whether you actually sell them or not still requires that you trade on a business account. You can have more than one eBay account for selling, you can open another and sell your own personal items on that one.

Thanks for the listing details.

The first listing, the one with the multi buy, hasn't been set up correctly - eBay don't allow you to offer a 'choice' in the description and have the buyer message you with what size they want - you need to set up a variation listing and have a dropdown menu for the sizes and colours. Then buyers can select the exact item they wish to buy and there's no chance of the same item being bought by different sellers.

You also need a variataion listing for the grey pyjamas.

You need to use eBay's new listing tool to set this up. If you're already using eBay's new unified listing tool, at the very top of the page you’ll see the Photo & Video fields when you're setting up your listing.

Can you see that at the top of the listing form you're using?

If not, go to Seller Hub and then click on the blue 'Create listing' button that's located top right:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/lst/active

Put in your title, then when you start to list your item you'll see the Photos & Video field at the very top.

The option to set variations is located between the Item Specifics and Condition sections, it'll appear once you've selected to list in Buy It Now format in a category that supports a multi variation listing.

If you still do not see the variation option between the Item Specifics and Condition sections, click on the 3 dots on the upper right hand side of the listing form and then select the settings gear icon and click on the variations toggle so it turns blue. 

Multi-buy can be set on any fixed price multi-quantity listing, but not a variation listing. 

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

Thank you very much for your help. I will have a go. I watched a few youtube videos about my query which is why I came here.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

Just pop back if you get stuck and we can help you.

The YouTube tutorials may be a bit out of date now that eBay has a new listing tool.

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

My listings are fixed price with a variation drop down (95 colours), and they're also multi-buy discount.

Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

@the-nutwood-collection wrote:

My listings are fixed price with a variation drop down (95 colours), and they're also multi-buy discount.

Ah, my bad, thanks for clarifying. That will be useful to the OP.

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

Your're right @*vyolla* .  Unless there's a hidden switch that I can't see, the listing template no longer allows multi-buy on variation listings - but I think this could be a bug.

When I experimented by creating a new listing, I found the listing form has changed.  Now, to access multi-buy, you have to click the 'See Pricing Options' button in the 'Pricing' section (it used to be a separate section at the bottom of the form).  If there are no variations, multi-buy is available to select on the drop down and the % discount fields are made visible.  If there are variations, the 'Buy it Now' drop down is greyed out.  Clicking the options button still allows multi-buy to be selected, but the fields to enter the % discounts don't appear.

marco@ebay can you clarify please?  Can a variation listing have multi-buy?  Maybe I'm doing something wrong - if I am, I need to know because my items are invariably variation with multi-buy.  The variation/multi-buy listings I currently have are working OK (thank goodness) but I may need to add more in the future.

@drums_n_dresses, can I give you a hint for the future when this is (hopefully) sorted out?  For each variation, get an item out of the packaging and run the iron over it, then stage it nicely for photography.  At the moment, the items are looking rather crumpled and sad, and have flash glare from the packaging.  Help the buyer to visualise how good it will look on the child.    

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

This problem still persists for me. My listings show multi buy discounts but when I edit the listings I cannot see the discount settings. Must be a bug?

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

I posted about this a few weeks ago and multi buy seems to appear on some of my listings and not on others. I did some listings yesterday which had variations and for one of the listings the multi buy was there however for the next 4 or 5 it wasn't there.

I can see the "pricing options" and the multi buy is selected (as in it is blue) however there is nowhere to add the multi buy details. I have tried moving the slider to multi buyer off then back on again but nothing happens.

Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

Yes, exactly the same problem here. I hope they resolve this problkem soon!

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

Same problem here.
Some of my variation listings apply the discount some are not.

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

Also having the same issue - multi-buy option not showing on my listing screen despite the radio button being switched on for it. Most of our regular customers buy from us because they get discount on the items they buy from us using this, so it's quite an important feature for us. Our sales on those items have noticably dropped where the new/updated listings don't have it. We need this back ASAP.

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

I am having the same problem - has there been any respnse from ebay?

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

This issue is frankly beyond a joke. I cannot use multi-buy across any listings. I have just started selling football cards and am unable to offer any discounts to those wanting to buy more than one card. I simply cannot compete with others selling the same things and there's not much point me continuing unless this is resolved. 

I don't understand why this has happened. There has been no problem with multi-buy for a long time. Judging by the comments of others this new issue has been occurring for weeks now and eBay can't even be bothered to fix. It's really disappointing and for me personally it's going to mean that I have to leave the site as I just cannot be competitive. 

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

I have been able to add from the listings tab - the option appears in the promotions column.

You can add multi-buy and edit existing listings

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: