Caught out - AGAIN - by Ebay's Postage options.

Just wondering if anyone else has been caught out by the wording when buying Postage Labels through Ebay ?. On automatic pilot I selected the right weight 100g - 250g, I then selected "Padded Envelope" as  what I was sending was in a padded envelope. Didn't take much notice of details I just went through the motions never even crossed my mind to check anything.

Duly sent off order but today noticed that the label said LARGE LETTER.

What I had sent was in a padded envelope but it was a tiny bit greater than 2.5cm allowed so buyer may get a penalty charge card ,might refuse delivery or pay the charge and give me negative feedback.

Granted my fault but it didn't happen when the options included LARGE LETTER (PADDED ENVELOPE) and SMALL PARCEL (SHOE BOX). And has never happened when I use RM direct.

Anyway just wondering .

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Caught out - AGAIN - by Ebay's Postage options.

Fingers crossed that if it's only a couple of millimetres over it'll get through OK.

Ignore the daft descriptions that eBay gives.  Reading from the left, it's letter, large letter, small parcel, and the weight is a drop down below the daft descriptions.

It used to be so easy.  eBay have made it so difficult.

The other thing to watch out for is that EVRi and Yodel are often the first options listed if it's a small parcel.  You have to click to see more if you want Royal Mail.  I made a mistake a couple of days ago, got a Yodel label.  I don't even know where the Yodel parcel shop is.  Had to void the label and start again.  I just don't need this aggravation with labels.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
Got selling related questions? Start here: