Promote listing fees charged

Hello all,

I have been charged a fee for promote listing ad but I never clicked on the button to use this service. I have  been told by customer services that they are unable to refund it  as I did use it. 

This is not correct. Has anyone else been charged for services they did not use and how this was rectified.

I put in a complaint but I was told by customer services that I would not heat anything back unless they saw an issue but it would be used to improve their service!!! Currently they see no issue.

Help

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Did you use the promote listing feature before the item was sold?

Is there a chance you used a template that had the promote listing automatically added and you didn't notice?

Fiber artist. Crochet, sewing, knitting, you name it.
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Hi,

This has just happened to me and I haven't a clue how it got onto my listing and how I stop it happening again on future listings...just something else that Ebay has done without "asking" I know 100% I didn't use it...but how do I prove it??

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

OK ,  now there have been 2 separate reports,  it may be worth contacting eBay Customer Services.

One more thing to take into account,  today is eBay's maintencance day,  and many things go awry from time to time, especially in the mornings here in the UK, when it's still early hours of the morning, 8 hours back, in eBay's HQ in California,  where they are tweaking and updating the system.

Check your payment Summary a little later on today, if still showing this Promotional fee, contact eBay Customer Services,  here:

To Contact Customer Services, I find the quickest way to contact them, either for a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back, to click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

@8325sam 

@hondasteve56 

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent
Got Promoted Listings Related Questions? Start here: