No views of Listed items

I've noticed at least for the past month that most of the items i've been listing to sell have had no views.  I get no views for weeks and I notice Ebay ask me to promote my items in order to sell the item quicker. Some items I have to pay a fee for this. Why is this? I never used to get no views on my selling items before. Is this a new tactic Ebay have created to make more money? I would like to know this as I put some new items on and have had not one view. It seems funny. Have any one else noticed this?

Message 1 of 47
See Most Recent
46 REPLIES 46

No views of Listed items

Which site would that be?

Message 21 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Yes the same has happened to me, it's costing me more money to advertise on eBay and im paying to promote and still not getting views, it never used to be like this, I think the category's have changed so much that it's difficult to put my items under the right one.

Message 22 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

@cheryl503pink wrote:

I've noticed at least for the past month that most of the items i've been listing to sell have had no views.  I get no views for weeks and I notice Ebay ask me to promote my items in order to sell the item quicker. Some items I have to pay a fee for this. Why is this? I never used to get no views on my selling items before. Is this a new tactic Ebay have created to make more money? I would like to know this as I put some new items on and have had not one view. It seems funny. Have any one else noticed this?

The eBay search is completely defunt. You should see what rubbish I am given to look at when I search. Most of which is totally unrelated to what I actually want. I'm not surprised most sellers are NOT getting views for their items because the search can't find what the potential buyer is actually looking for.

A complete mess!

You would be an idiot to even think about paying to promote your listing with such a joke of a  search facility!

Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

You may think you have pushed ALL my buttons, but you still haven't found the mute!
Message 23 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

I agree, I'm paying for eBay to promote and still not getting views

Message 24 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
Yes  it's not like it should be. 
Message 25 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Completely agree with everything you say. 
It's all changed  unfortunately not for the better. 🙁
Message 26 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Totally agree. 
Ebay used to be great.  They should look into this, quite a few people complaining. 
Message 27 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

We will be delisting and looking elsewhere to dispose of thousands of items which are not selling here because we will NEVER pay extra for promoted listings. Their fees are either 11% or they are not! we have had one or two sales, but nothing that makes it worthwhile us staying here, due to the high constant rolling listing fees, time it takes us to list and post at minimum wage rates, we were working for next to nothing compared to a normal job! we will see how it goes over the next couple of weeks, then everything will go on free sites or physical auction houses without all the hassle and same or cheaper fees too. We are heavy buyers too so that trade will be lost. It cannot go on paying listing fees and no sales, Also we and other buyers are not shown the full and often cheaper listings for sale except the fee paid promoted items, which in itself is unfair and bordering fraudulent. Feels like the once trusted site and ebay brand is now dead and smashed. Here"s hoping for common sense and better times ahead, the way it used to be! 

Message 28 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Yes agree 100% 
I cannot say how much it's changed,  for the worse. 
I think it's dreadful now. So many of the overseas buyers I had   I never see now.  It's just UK and a rare USA buyer. 
Depending on what you sell the other online auction beginning E is selling better. 
It's a crying shame. I 😥

Message 29 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Thanks for your reply, yet again my promoted watercolour drawings time
limit has expired without any views, I can't believe how many sellers who
are selling their artwork on eBay are doing so well, some over two thousand
and mine is just as good and I'm lucky to get two views, I think I might
just give up. Good luck to you all.
Message 30 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Hi yes i have noticed i am barely getting any views to my items seems to be since the promoted listings came into action may as well give up is the way i feel such a shame with times like they are for everyone  ebay was always guarenteed  to make  a bit of money ! i fear a downward slope  

Message 31 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Totally agree 🙁
Message 32 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Hello

Yes, I have noticed this myself it's been just over a week now and can't understand why I have not received any views.  I did happen to call ebay and the agent said everything on my account seems fine. Mmmm I do find this extremely strange. 

Message 33 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Yes I'm getting frustrated now, I stupidly paid for promotion again for my
Kingfisher bird drawing and only got four views, I ve tried and tried
different categories and whatever I do it still says no match no worries
continue without match, its making me so frustrated.
Message 34 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

I have stopped listing there. Its just not worth it. There is 100% something
wrong here.

Going to try other sites.
Message 35 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

I agree i use to get alot of views until they introduced the promotions cost, hardley get any now so started to use other  selling sites like vinted... Ebay is getting too big for their boots and too expensive, no profits, it akl gets eaten up by their greed. They have forgotten what made them money in the first place.

Message 36 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

Yes, you are absolutely right. I use Etsy more now. I suppose it depends on what you sell. Thanks!

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 37 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

its true ebay being selfish and greedy.  people pay to list there items promoting the listing is ebay job.  yet they want people to pay extra.  its wrong

Message 38 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

We stopped listing months ago, both sides were doing ok, until they hid our items with no sales unless we paid them extra! found other means to dispose of our items now, were wasting our time listing on here 15 mins each item, for nothing to come to anything. Only purchase off here now, but will be ceasing that too in the new year, as items are becoming alot cheaper in the shops now, due to sellers having to pay such high promoted fees, 30% not uncommon to shift stuff now and has to come from the buyers. The knock on effect will be like a pack of cards falling as momentum gathers pace. Ebay have ruined this site!

Message 39 of 47
See Most Recent

No views of Listed items

I totally agree. A lot more sales on Etsy who actually try to sell things for you.
Many thanks

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Message 40 of 47
See Most Recent
Got Promoted Listings Related Questions? Start here: